Squad for next Season - Page 137 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

9 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

When we first took French on at RB, I watched a pile of Dundee footage on YouTube from last season. It's honestly like watching a different player, especially regarding his pace going forward. His leg break was a really bad one. Either he's not up to full fitness as PT says, or he's possibly lacking the confidence to get really stuck in, subconsciously protecting himself from another serious injury. He's very highly thought of by Dundee supporters.

I seem to remember 20+ years ago someone with a similar bad injury coming back a shadow of his former self (RH winger / midfielder). Can`t really blame them as these things could be life changing on and off the park.

Just now, montheton said:

I seem to remember 20+ years ago someone with a similar bad injury coming back a shadow of his former self (RH winger / midfielder). Can`t really blame them as these things could be life changing on and off the park.

Who?  Mahood? 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

No, not Mahood (I was only a few yards away when that happened, heard it snap! Horrible) It was another wee winger, can`t remember his name.

Was really excited to see him back but had totally lost his edge, scared all the time. Shame.

3 hours ago, montheton said:

2 hours ago, montheton said:

No, not Mahood (I was only a few yards away when that happened, heard it snap! Horrible) It was another wee winger, can`t remember his name.

Was really excited to see him back but had totally lost his edge, scared all the time. Shame.

Paul Walker?

*insert signature here*

Who was the boy we signed from Stranraer that had his leg broken against Partick right in front of the shed?  Was a sickener.  Think Hugh Murray was the culprit.

Stef Stirling.

Edited by LargsTON

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

13 minutes ago, montheton said:

Think it might have been him.

Being told to wash Hugh Scott’s motor because he was a paid employee couldn’t have helped his form, in fairness.

11 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Who was the boy we signed from Stranraer that had his leg broken against Partick right in front of the shed?  Was a sickener.  Think Hugh Murray was the culprit.

Stef Stirling.

Stephen Stirling 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

8 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Stephen Stirling 

Signed at the same time as Gaston, shortly after they'd faced each other in a play-off, and was a very promising player. Was never the same after that tackle. Wouldn't go in for hard challenges.

Murray was sent off twice at Cappielow that season - the first for the tackle and the second because the Cowshed got to him, rent free etc.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Lewie, Lewie Lewie ......

I've always loved how he takes a massive breath before answering a question, and seems to make it last for the next question as well. He then takes another massive breath for the next couple. What a boy.

Edited by SassenachTon

2 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Lewie, Lewie Lewie ......

I've always loved how he takes a massive breath before answering a question, and seems to make it last for the next question as well. He then takes another massive breath for the next couple. What a boy.

That made me need to stop for a breath 😂 verging on hyperventilating so he is

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Makes sense I can't see him really getting game time here with the options we have. 

Not really sure what will happen with King there is clearly talent there but I can't help feel that time is maybe running out I know that seems strange to say but for me I don't really know where he fits in or his best position. 

Don't know what Imrie would be looking for if we did bring someone in I can't see it personally think he will be looking to tie the long term future of players rather than looking for anyone else, starting 11 seems to be picking itself most weeks with still good depth.