Squad for next Season - Page 107 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-record-prize-money-for-viaplay-cup#:~:text=Each participating club is guaranteed,will top £3 million

guaranteed 55k 

another 27k if game selected for television 

if get a favourable draw and we make the qtrs, takes it up to over 86k

Hopefully get a couple bodies in next week as sounds like there’s negotiations going on from Dougie’s interview yesterday 

Edited by HeidTheBaw
  • Upvote 1

Noticed Steve Lawson (former Hamilton and Livi) is still without a club, plays at RB and CDM. Might be worth a punt, versatile and has played in the league previously. Would imagine Imrie knows him from his time at Livingston.

7 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Noticed Steve Lawson (former Hamilton and Livi) is still without a club, plays at RB and CDM. Might be worth a punt, versatile and has played in the league previously. Would imagine Imrie knows him from his time at Livingston.

Martindale was saying he needs to get rid of one or two to bring in a forward and Brandon hasn't beem starting. I'd imagine that's two of the targets. 

I'd take Brandon back in a heartbeat. Don't know much about Lawson

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'd obviously love Brandon back but while he hasn't been starting, he's appeared as a sub in all of their games so far. Though Livingston have a very imbalanced squad and need to move defenders on to make attacking signings, they're not too well stocked for wing backs whereas they have six natural centre backs and another few who can cover there. I'd be delighted but surprised if we get him.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

What about this Lewis Strapp laddie? I hear his long throws are also pretty good.

He's left-sided, not right-sided.

I liked what little I've seen of Lawson and he strikes me as more realistic a signing than Brandon.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

He's left-sided, not right-sided.

I liked what little I've seen of Lawson and he strikes me as more realistic a signing than Brandon.

I know mate, I was just messing around. I also like the look of Lawson.

1 hour ago, Brian Skelton said:

According to the Record Imrie interested in bringing in goalie Jamie MacDonald.

Would be an ideal signing. Good experience in this league and I'm sure Mullen would benefit from working with him.

I know Scott is there, but he would probably be perfect for a player/coach role.

Partick sign Kerr McInroy. Wondered if we'd be interested in signing him.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

MacDonald would make no sense really. If we were in a position to build a large enough squad to have two competing first team goalkeepers then great, but when we're still restricted financially and struggling to add to the defence you surely just want a cheap backup to Mullen.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

MacDonald would make no sense really. If we were in a position to build a large enough squad to have two competing first team goalkeepers then great, but when we're still restricted financially and struggling to add to the defence you surely just want a cheap backup to Mullen.

Doing some coaching as well, maybe?

Wondered if the MacDonald link would rear it's head again after seeing Ramsbottom sign for the South African mob.

We were linked to MacDonald before signing Mullan but he flew out to South Africa to check the place out before signing. Must have changed his mind and came home.

Would think it a daft use of limited resources but then, Dougie didn't seem happy after Schwake's repeat mistakes that he had nothing (really) to change him with so seems he wants more than a bench filling ringer.

Brilliant signing experienced keeper who has played at this level for years. Surprised we managed to get him but it now gives us 2 really good options in goal, with his age you would imagine he might be doing a coach role in the background. 

Excellent one or two more and we are can push on. 

• Upvote 2