Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only if the people who've pledged pay.

I'd guess that at least some of the pledges won't be followed up on, and there's also a risk that if things go tits-up on the pitch or there's disillusionment with MCT (which is entirely possible, perhaps even probable) that people will cancel their payments. It'd be risky to be budgeting for this money lasting the course.

AWMSC

I'm sure that you thought this was the hight of wit. It isn't.

Your sloppy and tear-drenched post quality review has been noted and immediately filed in the bin where it belongs.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

According to someone who was at the MCT event says hoppy has an extra 6.6k a month for players wages thanks to the funding raised.

Is this money that is still to be used or has it already been used up under the assumption that every pledger would follow through and pay in every month?

According to someone who was at the MCT event says hoppy has an extra 6.6k a month for players wages thanks to the funding raised.

Sounds good but in reality, feck all has been raised to date.

I would imagine many pledged before the season ticket info came out. Now that they are much more expensive, no early bird and no installment option, I can see many pull out unfortunately.

And the pledges are based on the £400k for 15%. If they are way short of that, pledgers don't know what the return for their investment will be and might not like what it amounts to in that instance.

Any talk of what the money is worth with regards to this season's budget is pie in the sky at best.

Now is that to fund the players that are already there or help to bring more in and have a bigger squad?

It's not going to be anything even close to 6.6k for all the reasons given above. In the unlikely scenario that it really takes off and a great feeling at Cappielow emerges, then it's not impossible that it ends up like that in the future. But far more likely is that the amount drops over time as momentum decreases when people cancel that direct debit they'd kinda forgotten about.

EOho8Pw.png

Why would we want to sign someone like that? Doesn't appear to have been good enough for any team he's played for. Spent much of his career on loan in the lower divisions!

He's only on trial so no need for panic at this point. If he's dung then you'd imagine he will be shown the door pretty quickly.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

See we've uploaded a few pics of pre-season, wearing last years training gear.

Development squad out in Portugal not even matching.

Sounds pedantic, but we lack so much awareness in terms of revenue streams/marketing it's frightening. It's the little things like that that help create a professional environment possibly even generate some extra cash.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

See we've uploaded a few pics of pre-season, wearing last years training gear.

Development squad out in Portugal not even matching.

Sounds pedantic, but we lack so much awareness in terms of revenue streams/marketing it's frightening. It's the little things like that that help create a professional environment possibly even generate some extra cash.

The photo of them at Cappielow is worse. Half of them look thoroughly depressed, the other half borderline suicidal.

Archived