Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 40 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

Reese Lyon’s talking about pre-season in today’s Tele. As for discussing potential signings while they’re still on trial, that brings back painful memories of the big striker we lost to Dundee (maybe not that painful as I don’t remember his name). We were releasing statements about how great this player looked and Dundee just stepped in and snatched him away!

Jani Sturm?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have thought one of the first things he wanted to do was get the backing of the fans when it's pretty well known there was a lot of people who had really strong feelings about Hawke. A few early statements might have drawn a line under that for the sake of 5 minutes out his day.

Id dont disagree.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Sturm was fucking mung anyway, we dodged a bullet there. But the principle, that we should play our cards close to our chest, is correct.

Exactly, especially as decent CB’s seem so hard to come by these days! They’re also so essential to how Hoppy sets up his teams that he’s perhaps taking a bit longer in that department.

I'd like to have heard more from the new CEO. Seems to have fell off the radar.

Likely busy doing the job of a CEO instead of ‘sustainability ‘ studies that are pointless and investing wads of cash into turnstiles.

We don’t need to hear from a CEO if club being run properly.

Hawke liked talking a good game to those who would listen and bigging himself up.

Likely busy doing the job of a CEO instead of ‘sustainability ‘ studies that are pointless and investing wads of cash into turnstiles.

Hawke liked talking a good game to those who would listen and bigging himself up.

Exactly. It was about a month and a half ago when he gave an interview to the official site:

https://gmfc.net/2019/05/09/in-conversation-with-new-ceo-dave-mackinnon/

He said his priorities were:

* Getting a new manager in (done: Hopkin, whom most seem to agree is a pretty ambitious appointment)
* Raising revenue (jury's out: that's a long-term thing, although it's perhaps fair to say the season ticket rollout hasn't been done especially well. He seems to be on board with the MCT idea too.)
* Making and sticking to a playing budget, and augmenting experience with young (read: cheap) players (seems to be happening)
* Focusing on the positives and not the negatives (50/50 here, there was a little bit too much budget prattling but other than that I think they're doing OK at that.)

I'd rather he didn't feel the need to toot his own horn at every opportunity, as Hawke did, so if he's actively working on items 2 and 4 that's more than good enough for me.

EOho8Pw.png

I'd like to have heard more from the new CEO. Seems to have fell off the radar.

Still fuming that your big mate ‘Warren’ got emptied for being a charlatan I see.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The job is the face of the club. Ten minutes in 2 months isn't a lot to ask.

I'd rather he didn't feel the need to toot his own horn at every opportunity, as Hawke did, so if he's actively working on items 2 and 4 that's more than good enough for me.

Iron Man also undertook more disappearing acts than Harry Houdini: usually just after he had got the club roped into the 21st Century equivalent of a monorail scheme or handed over ticketing to some gormless Scouser with a clipboard.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nah, I think his time was up when he left.

I’m sure that your gold star for being the very last person to slither off the ‘Warren’ train is in the post.

Iron Man also undertook more disappearing acts than Harry Houdini: usually just after he had got the club roped into the 21st Century equivalent of a monorail scheme or handed over ticketing to some gormless Scouser with a clipboard.

What about us brain dead slobs? You'll be given management jobs!

The job is the face of the club. Ten minutes in 2 months isn't a lot to ask.[/quote

Well the official web page is back to being a windows 98 attempt at content with no videos with the new manager, assistant, goal keeping coach, CEO or players.

We don’t need time with McKinnon. We should be focused on football matters and the end of the day it’s all

About Hoppy and the players.

Don’t remember anyone getting bothered that the good lady before Hawke wasn’t spending ten mins with fans. Hawke has too much to say and loved giving bits of information to his mates.

McKinnon likely just getting his head down.

The job is the face of the club. Ten minutes in 2 months isn't a lot to ask.[/quote

Well the official web page is back to being a windows 98 attempt at content with no videos with the new manager, assistant, goal keeping coach, CEO or players.

We don’t need time with McKinnon. We should be focused on football matters and the end of the day it’s all

About Hoppy and the players.

Don’t remember anyone getting bothered that the good lady before Hawke wasn’t spending ten mins with fans. Hawke has too much to say and loved giving bits of information to his mates.

McKinnon likely just getting his head down.

Do you shave your crackling?

ame="Malt" post="1122261" timestamp="1561268780"]

Do you shave your crackling?

I was away at the caravan at the weekend and it could not flush the remains of a Dundee cake. You people!

Archived