Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 centre backs seems a lot. I'm assuming we'll sign 2/3 outright centre backs and possibly another who can slot in there and maybe play full back too?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kilday come back at some point later in the summer if he's not found a new club.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Gourlay steps up...

Aye? Fuck I didn't realize it had already been mentioned 😂

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Under sell, over achieve, and look like a baller. Simple human instinct

Except that they’re not actually underselling to their customers - they now want £300 for a season ticket and a further £120 through their guilt trip, not at all associated fans’ scheme. That is by far the biggest commitment asked for in this league.

I’m fine with the club not making serious moves in the transfer market until at least the MCT venture is concluded, but if they’re planning to use the current plucky wee permadiddy line afterwards then it isn’t going to end well. They’re getting far above the required support to fund a credible Championship football team and I expect them to use it wisely.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He was playing for Clyde so it’s no serious stretch at all for a professional football club.Let’s never forget that we spent £15k on a similar seaside league side player like Tony Wallace as well.

The proof is in the credibility and wages of first team players and not some random jobbers that we waste money on anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We can still pay the hilariously nominal compensation for a seaside league player though, in the same way that money was magically found to redevelop Cappielow as soon as a manager wanted to train there.

Hopeful, not confident, last season isn't far enough behind us yet.

Blessed is he who expecteth little for he shall not be disappointed.

Unfortunately I am an optimist and disappointment comes with monotonous regularity.

But next season will, of course be different.

Except that they’re not actually underselling to their customers - they now want £300 for a season ticket and a further £120 through their guilt trip, not at all associated fans’ scheme. That is by far the biggest commitment asked for in this league.

I’m fine with the club not making serious moves in the transfer market until at least the MCT venture is concluded, but if they’re planning to use the current plucky wee permadiddy line afterwards then it isn’t going to end well. They’re getting far above the required support to fund a credible Championship football team and I expect them to use it wisely.

That's it in a nutshell VT. I would have normally renewed my season ticket by now, but the MCT scheme has thrown me a curve ball! Add to that your point on the low expectations being trotted out, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to pledge my cash, as I don't really want to fund both options. If this applies to other fans then we're in a bit of a pickle. I'm tempted to go for MCT and pay as I go at the matches I can make it to. Although I've got a feeling the season ticket option is a more solid investment towards the club.

I keep hoping we are going to make a few exciting signings and then I'd probably get a season ticket on the back of that but not happened to date and now looking more and more unlikely.

If we do get Nesbitt, that would certainly be a bit more encouraging.

Club have majorly fecked up IMO by not offering an early bird discount or allowing installments. Doesn't give fans any incentive to part with their cash.

Would be amazed if we have sold more than 200.

Archived