Morton Vs Livingston - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Livingston

TONofmemories

Can't help but think of the clique, and how I was ridiculed back in August for saying that Livingston were looking good and would finish above us this season...

Hopkin has done a brilliant job with them.

Your bound to get something right eventually...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number of shots on target for us tonight? If it's above zero I'd be surprised. Russell shooting wide was as close as we got.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Didn't think we were terrible but didn't really offer anything up front. McHugh in particular didn't do much.

Nor did Baird, who unsurprisingly ran about a bit but didn’t actually do anything.

I’d much rather get the business done tonight and receive a pumping on Saturday rather than lose both games which Saturday is inevitable anyway.

Agree with GiGi about Duffy. We bottle it when it matters most.

What really annoyed me was in the third or fourth minute added on we get a free kick in a decent area and leave two players at the back. It was clearly our last chance to take something out of the match- we should have been throwing everyone up, including Gaston.

Said the same to my mate.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Total pish again. A game that meant so much was devalued by making even more changes. If I'd known, I'd have stayed at home.

Yep. A poster from this site mentioned after the game they might have charged a lot less in if they were going to play a reserve team.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Same as the last two games. Once they scored that was pretty much that.

The boy who scored should never have been allowed to get that shot in and Gaston’s positioning was poor. Every corner and free kick we had was met by a defender, until we twigged with about three minutes to go and started hitting them way out for goal kicks instead.

Doyle spent all night trying to cross or beat the man and never really managed either - was it him who kept back tracking instead of crossing in the first half?

At least we should have the Celtic spies fooled.

If we have to play Livi in the playoffs I really don’t fancy our chances at all.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hard to criticise Duffy of late, but Jesus wept. That was piss poor

Agreed. It seems like every time we get some momentum building we decide to remember our place and shoot ourselves in the foot. I was hoping that tonight we'd grab the opportunity to put a decent buffer between us and 5th/6th. Instead we give them a reason to believe. Desperately disappointing

It's 2nd vs 3rd. It's a massive game in terms of our league aspirations. Possibly the biggest game of the season so far. We've had a team/formula that's been working really well. He fucked with it away at Queens, we scraped a draw. He fucked with it against Dumbarton, we scraped a win. He fucked with it tonight and we lost. Going into a game like this and resting your current first choice front 2, and the only winger in the team, is criminal. Especially if he did it with Saturday's game against Celtic in mind. We'll lose that game. We were always likely to lose that game. Why was that prioritised over this game?

Without a shadow of a doubt, our strongest current team should have played in the match tonight and who knows how it'll have ended up. Instead, we don't. We play terribly. We resort to Duffyball for the whole game and fail to muster a shot on target.

That's all before we even mention the subs. We actually had options on the bench. Our current first choice front 2, and our winger. Chasing the game, 1 down, at home, to the team just above us in the league, and he takes an eternity to make any changes despite the fact that from quite early on it was obviously not working. Then, he only makes 2 subs not the full 3. Why wouldn't you make all your subs to try to snatch something.

If he wanted to rest players ahead of the Celtic game, he should have had a word with Mark Farrell and asked him to leave the pitch covers off rather than going into such a game with a self inflicted weakened team.

Moronic lineup. Non-existent tactics. Short changed the fans again, at a match when there was actually a wee bit of excitement ahead of it.

Duffy fucked it. Dropped arguably our 3 best players at the moment, shoved Murdoch out wide which was a total waste and played Russell at left mid. Shambles.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

It's 2nd vs 3rd. It's a massive game in terms of our league aspirations. Possibly the biggest game of the season so far. We've had a team/formula that's been working really well. He ****ed with it away at Queens, we scraped a draw. He ****ed with it against Dumbarton, we scraped a win. He ****ed with it tonight and we lost. Going into a game like this and resting your current first choice front 2, and the only winger in the team, is criminal. Especially if he did it with Saturday's game against Celtic in mind. We'll lose that game. We were always likely to lose that game. Why was that prioritised over this game?Without a shadow of a doubt, our strongest current team should have played in the match tonight and who knows how it'll have ended up. Instead, we don't. We play terribly. We resort to Duffyball for the whole game and fail to muster a shot on target.That's all before we even mention the subs. We actually had options on the bench. Our current first choice front 2, and our winger. Chasing the game, 1 down, at home, to the team just above us in the league, and he takes an eternity to make any changes despite the fact that from quite early on it was obviously not working. Then, he only makes 2 subs not the full 3. Why wouldn't you make all your subs to try to snatch something.If he wanted to rest players ahead of the Celtic game, he should have had a word with Mark Farrell and asked him to leave the pitch covers off rather than going into such a game with a self inflicted weakened team.Moronic lineup. Non-existent tactics. Short changed the fans again, at a match when there was actually a wee bit of excitement ahead of it.

Just about sums it up

If I'd seen that line up before I bought my ticket I'd have stayed home. Duffy needs to come out and explain is decision for messing with a winning line up in the most important game of our season so far and for not changing it when its obviously not working.

Applauding an opposition goal is also bawbag behaviour as a few folk did round me last night.

Archived