Morton V Ict - Match Thread - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Ict - Match Thread

AyrshireTon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not freezing (+12c) and it's p!shing down.

Regarding the £2 'discount' for turning up 2hrs before kick off - who came up with that idea?  Are Morton the only club to have this in place?

Maybe I've been overseas too long but being outside in 12 (and dropping) sounds awful.

And yes.

EOho8Pw.png

Started well and deservedly lead. We have bizarrely lost our way in the closing fifteen minutes though - you'd almost forget that they're playing with ten men, as we're not hounding them as is required in this situation.

Inverness will have a strong wind at their back in the second half: this isn't a done thing yet.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The game should have been finished by half time. Their keeper kept them in it. We allowed ict to come back into it in the second half but they never really threatened. Big Harkins strolled through the game. We played some excellent possession football at times

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

At times in the second half they actually looked like they hade the extra man at times, still the wind was a bit of leveller in that respect.

Could have been 3 up before we scored, that save from Thomsons shot was fantastic.

Happy with the three points and the performance in general, you have to remember that ICT had gone something like ten games out of eleven or twelve without losing a goal before today.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Very good first half and should have been 3-4 up, by far better team even when it was 11 v 11. Harkins and Tidser were controlling the game and we looked very comfortable.

Second, we struggled to control things and created very little compared to first half. However even though they seen more of the ball, they never created anything and had zero shots on target the whole game.

Conditions were horrendous.

Onto next week, another win sets us up nicely for the derby!

Best performance for a while and good to see Mark Russell back to near his best. I think the formation today was spot on with Tidser and Harkins controlling things.

Don't know what happens next week when Lamie is available and sore on him if he misses out.

The Harkins signing got a lot of criticism at the time, but he's been nothing but beautiful since.

Have to agree

Remember watching him against us on a cold December evening circa 28th December ton v jags 2008 thinking he was nothing special. We won 2 0 masterston free kick and Peter W header. His performance against Dundee Utd and today however has changed my opinion of the guy. He is pretty special and deserved mom. First pick for me atm

The Harkins signing got a lot of criticism at the time, but he's been nothing but beautiful since.

I’ll apologise for saying he must’ve been here for fat cunts fans thing when he was spotted at Cappielow, he’s been excellent the last few times I’ve saw him.

I’ll apologise for saying he must’ve been here for fat **** fans thing when he was spotted at Cappielow, he’s been excellent the last few times I’ve saw him.

Don't apologize, it was still funny.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived