Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk

GiGi

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody cares about the 1970s; we're finishing second, going on another cup run and then swording dross like Hamilton in the playoffs.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nobody cares about the 1970s; 

You may not, but I think that many younger fans would be interested to hear about the similarities between this emerging team and the one of the late 70s which was pretty special. This current team is the closest I've seen since then in the quality of play and levels of entertainment and excitement they generate. 

Nobody cares about the 1970s; we're finishing second, going on another cup run and then swording dross like Hamilton in the playoffs.

You not care about the70's because you didn't witness it, just as I was too young to witness the 63/64 team, doesn't mean these teams and their achievements should be dismissed.

The rest of the post I completely agree with

You may not, but I think that many younger fans would be interested to hear about the similarities between this emerging team and the one of the late 70s which was pretty special. This current team is the closest I've seen since then in the quality of play and levels of entertainment and excitement they generate. 

You've got to understand that VT has been exposed to the quality of Davie Irons teams. Nothing will ever impress him after that life changing experience.

You not care about the70's because you didn't witness it, just as I was too young to witness the 63/64 team, doesn't mean these teams and their achievements should be dismissed.

The rest of the post I completely agree with

Indeed, it's our rich history that defines us, and the highs should be celebrated even by those who weren't there to experience them first-hand.

Good feeling about this game

For once against this mob we will get a bit of luck and win. Guaranteed.

^^^^^ Never in doubt

What a performance

Not our best by any means but good enough to beat that bunch of posers at last. Wonder what excuses Houston will come up with tonight?

Should have been 5 or 6

Did Gaston have to do anything in the second half?

A pleasure to watch

Forbes energy levels have been incredible recently

My Rangers mate said that they should sign Oliver. Outstanding player with fantastic touch

I hope all fans enjoy this season it will be one to look back on with treasured memories

Well done Jim and the boys :)

Great stuff today.

We started quite sharply, although Falkirk were probably the better team until we scored. Great stop from the one on one by Gaston. The early goal in the second half looked well offside and I was expecting the flag to go up and saw a lot of stunned faces around me amid the cheering. Having watched it again on periscope Forbes does seem to be in line and there's another defender at the far side behind the keeper. 

Lindsay, Murdoch, Oliver and Nesbitt were brilliant today (I fucking love Gary Oliver), with Nesbitt my MotM. Don't know what hospitality were smoking giving it to Forbes - maybe the same stuff you always get a whiff of around 3.15 in the Cowshed. A guy behind me described Nesbitt as something along the lines of "fuckin' shite, that boy" after one over-hit pass - not a peep out of him during the second half.

Sibbald aside, Falkirk were a disappointment. 

Clyde or Stirling at home please.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The 1970s is an entirely irrelevant era of the game. In terms of tactics, pressing, fitness and conditions. As anyone viewing the historical footage without the Hovis-theme tune can tell for themselves. It's a different time that had entirely different requirementsfor success and that's how it should remain.

But instead the forum is obsessed with determining whether Aidan Nesbitt is better than Jim McLurg or whoever played on a mudbath Cappielow pitch in the fags and five pints of Guinness era. Tragic really.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What was most pleasing for me today was seeing us win against a side that was actually playing some decent football at times. They have some decent footballers in their team capable of keeping it tidy and using possession well. They probably shaded us in the first half. What set us apart in the end was the energy of Murdoch, Lindsay, Oliver and, in particular today, Nesbitt. I'm loving how much of leader Doyle is becoming on the pitch too.

Missed the second goal by about 10 seconds due to the unprecedented demand for pies at H/T today.

This team have been my favourite Morton team in my time supporting the club for months, after today its time for me to admit that they are now up there in the conversation for the best Morton team in my time supporting them.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What a coaching team we've got btw - the across the board improvement in every player in the squad has been great. I'm not worried if we lose a few in the summer - a better league finish, increased prize money and Duffys coaching ability and there's every chance we'll be even better next season.

Archived