Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk

GiGi

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Taiwo is out for Falkirk, that's potentially good news. Unfortunately Fraser Aird is available. Nonetheless, I rate our midfield better and more energetic than theirs.

Falkirk's form is poor. Just one win this year, and no clean sheets since a trip to Somerset in November.

Not really feeling the pessimism here - I know we've shipped two last-minute equalizers to them so far but we're in better form, we're above them in the league, and while we have injury problems they aren't insurmountable.

EOho8Pw.png

Big game in the nation's most prestigious tournament this weekend. One I'd really love to be winning. s***e draw but at least we're at home.

See McDonagh will be available. He might even need to start with Shankland cup tied. He has some making up to do.

There's also the matter of our unbeaten home run now being well publicised in the last couple of games. I kind of expect that to go in the next few games so hopefully it's not this one, I want another cup run.

Hard frost this morning. Is the game in any doubt?

Hard frost this morning. Is the game in any doubt?

Was just thinking that - nothing on twitter, though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Frost has lifted; no danger to the match. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He is better in some regards but less effective in others. The energy we get from Lindsay and Murdoch is unmatched by any other team in the league and our success owes a lot to that. They don't give our opponents any time on the ball and when they have it generally use it well. I am a great admirer of Michael Tidser but would not have him in the team at the expense of either of them at the moment. I think that if we are "walking" a game he will probably create more but in the Championship almost every game is tight. Michael is also a very good option to come off the bench and see games out.

It's good to have genuine competition for places in the team and if possible I would want all of Lindsay, Murdoch, Tidser and Forbes (already signed) fixed up for next season. Each of them is in their own way a class act in the Championship.

In the previous few years, we lost every 50-50 ball and struggled to get it back.

This year, our newbies are straight on the hustle to get the ball again.

Plus, when we get it, everyone is more comfortable on the ball because they know we can get it back again

(maybe that's why Russell in particular takes some spectacular risks every 30 mins. -and long may it continue).

... proud to be apart from the groupthink tree ...

Said earlier in the thread that this is the sort of game that Jim likes to opt for Lamie at left back, Russell left mid and Nesbitt on the bench so not overly surprised.

Did expect it to be McDonut upfront rather than Nesbitt. Nesbitt's last game up there turned out ok which probably swayed it.

Archived