Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: Morton V Falkirk

GiGi

Oliver and Nesbitt were incredible. Another decision by Duffy today that has him coming out smelling like roses again. Doyle also continues to get better and better every week. I love this team.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw the second half but Nesbitt was an absolute dynamo. The midfield was also great. Russell had some shaky moments but dealt well overall.

Second place is absolutely not beyond is. I know it's all ifs and buts but if Hibs weren't in this division, who knows what we could do.

edit: the scum in the next round, please, for an easy win.

EOho8Pw.png

Ross County squash the Arabs 6-2. I'm sure that helps us, if their defence can lose 6.

They're gubbins, this is known. We play them in a month's time, by which time we'll be safely through to the quarter-finals as well. Fuckin mon en.

EOho8Pw.png

Hard to single players out for praise. That was a brilliant team performance to raise their level for the 2nd half.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Without as much strength or ability, there was a lot of parallels with Nesbitt's performance and the role Jai was playing.

very direct. Running at them and terrifying them when he has the ball, hounding them at every opportunity off the ball.

There was one moment late in the game where he chased it all the way back down our right hand side to break down a counter. Amazing energy and determination.

We made that look quite easy, in the second half anyway. Thought Nesbitt, Lindsay & Oliver were outstanding (again) and any of them could've quite easily got MOTM. We carried a real threat despite not having an actual striker on the park, and Nesbitt coped remarkably well in the Quitongo role. A good win, especially against one of our playoff challengers which can only be good for confidence.

Diddy (St Mirren) in the next round please.

Clear gulf in class between Morton and the bottom 7 diddies. Not seen a single opposition player in months that would get in our team. Hopefully we can go on a good run in the Scottish Cup and get some valuable cup-tie experience for the play-offs in May. Slight improvement away from home would also be welcome with the play-offs in mind.

Tell you what, we've got a right good wee team there, great workrate and a fair bit of talent and skill as well. Fantastic to be genuinely excited about the Famous once again.

I was thinking on the way home a couple of weeks ago that this team were on a par with the team with Ritchie, Thomson, Tolmie, etc etc, but then I was thinking am I just being sentimental.

A guy, who I used to go to games with in those years, passed me today and said the same thing, after today's performance I think that I'm right.

Anyone else, who was around in that era, think the same thing?

Whilst Forbes gets the plaudits and MOTM, let's take a moment to appreciate just how good the pairing of Murdoch and Lindsay are; thir work rate never ceases to amaze and the best bit about them is that they both have the ability as well.

What a wonderful feeling it is enjoying a win and then anticipating the next game. Genuine excitement throughout the week

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived