Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chesh

Ton Tv

Recommended Posts

Aye, credit where it's due, last night was light years ahead of last week's debacle. As others have said the replays etc , for me anyway, was completely unexpected but welcome.

Big Ritchie is great and, at times, brutally honest which is far better than the sickly bias from those two who do the Falkirk commentary, for example.

Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Aye, credit where it's due, last night was light years ahead of last week's debacle. As others have said the replays etc , for me anyway, was completely unexpected but welcome.

Big Ritchie is great and, at times, brutally honest which is far better than the sickly bias from those two who do the Falkirk commentary, for example.

Well done.

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

And goalies in pink shirts causing a 'stooshie'.


 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

You could see Gerry visibly cringe at that comment. Probably lucky it was a good 10 minutes before kick off so not as many heard it as might have during the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit where it'd due. Last night's coverage was good. Suspect the few teething problems with camera and audio will be ironed out in time. 

More good commentary by both. When you compare it to the likes of Brora/Thistle, whos commentators have had stick for being less than enthusiastic, we do have something decent. Full of enthusiasm and big Andy is class. Calls it as he sees it.

Good to see some highlights at HT being pulled together as well. Worth a tenner. 


TIME FOR CHANGE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the quality of the stream, much improved.  Were there two cameras being used in the stand, as the colour of the pitch kept changing from a proper colour of pitch to a more garish shade of green as if the colour balance was wrong on one of the cameras?  The camera location was much better with the corner flags visible and not too much of an obstruction from the pillars (could be better if done from the Cowshed side but maybe don't have the electronic infrastructure to do that).  Commentary and comments were very good (I didn't catch the Julian Clarey comments but no doubt someone will tell Andy it's the 21st century now).  Andy's analysis of the game is top notch and he knows what he's talking about; also not afraid to criticise when called for.  Well worth a tenner for that.

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  There must be loads of folk who struggle to get to games for various reasons but would watch online, and if it was reasonably priced it could be a decent earner.  Our division gets no coverage whatsoever on mainstream channels (maybe Alba occasionally) and covering our league wouldn't affect the broadcasting contracts except maybe very rarely.  I think it's time for a good hard look at the restrictions on streaming games (unless you're outside the UK) so that lower league clubs can sell their product to a wider market.  I doubt it would affect crowds that much as it's not quite the full live experience, but there are thousands of people that have moved away but still follow their team.  Not having coverage is cutting off a potentially significant income stream, and it's the football authorities that are responsible for that - it's the 21st century, so maybe this Covid pandemic is the catalyst needed to open the game up to a wider market rather than everyone being fed a diet of the bigot brothers on Sky.  Maybe something for MCT to consider pursuing.

Edited by Alibi
  • Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alibi said:

On the quality of the stream, much improved.  Were there two cameras being used in the stand, as the colour of the pitch kept changing from a proper colour of pitch to a more garish shade of green as if the colour balance was wrong on one of the cameras?  The camera location was much better with the corner flags visible and not too much of an obstruction from the pillars (could be better if done from the Cowshed side but maybe don't have the electronic infrastructure to do that).  Commentary and comments were very good (I didn't catch the Julian Clarey comments but no doubt someone will tell Andy it's the 21st century now).  Andy's analysis of the game is top notch and he knows what he's talking about; also not afraid to criticise when called for.  Well worth a tenner for that.

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  There must be loads of folk who struggle to get to games for various reasons but would watch online, and if it was reasonably priced it could be a decent earner.  Our division gets no coverage whatsoever on mainstream channels (maybe Alba occasionally) and covering our league wouldn't affect the broadcasting contracts except maybe very rarely.  I think it's time for a good hard look at the restrictions on streaming games (unless you're outside the UK) so that lower league clubs can sell their product to a wider market.  I doubt it would affect crowds that much as it's not quite the full live experience, but there are thousands of people that have moved away but still follow their team.  Not having coverage is cutting off a potentially significant income stream, and it's the football authorities that are responsible for that - it's the 21st century, so maybe this Covid pandemic is the catalyst needed to open the game up to a wider market rather than everyone being fed a diet of the bigot brothers on Sky.  Maybe something for MCT to consider pursuing.

BBC Scotland most Fridays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alibi said:

It would be good if even after this current situation is sorted, we could continue with this type of coverage.  

I really hope so. One of the few good things to come out of this whole covid-19 malarkey for me is being able to watch the Ton again. I'm sure there are enough ex-pats and out-of-towners who would be more than willing to continue using this service when spectators are allowed back, to make it a viable revenue stream. They'll certainly get a couple of hundred quid from me each season that they otherwise wouldn't have.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

I actually spent three days at The Earls Court Boat Show with Dale Winton, Paul O’Grady and Noel Edmonds – he’s not gay, but you get the picture.


Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.


Do you like Abba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye, he could probably do with cutting out the jokes about Julian Clarey and Boy George being a couple of queens, though.

 

:lol: :lol:

Its a pity we weren't playing a team from Saltcoats, he could have said they were a couple of Salty's.


There is no such thing in life as normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ray Von said:

BBC Scotland most Fridays.

Yes, but that's one game.  Seeing your team play once every couple of months (realistically if there's a "bigger" team in the division they will be over-represented in the coverage - Hearts this season for example - so others will be covered less frequently).  Many folk have realised they don't actually have to go to work each day to work; they can work from home and save travelling.  Broadly the same could now apply to football - you could watch your own team's games without having to travel all over the country.  Instead of a choice of games dictated by the TV companies, people could have a wider choice.  I can't see much downside if it augments the incomes of the smaller clubs who struggle to break even under the current set-up.  If the football authorities try to revert to the old set up after covid is sorted, they're not acting in the interests of their member clubs (apart from maybe a few of the top tier clubs).


"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I saw someone mention on Facebook that they have received their season ticket code for streaming the games. Anyone else received theirs? I've had nothing.

 

I haven't had anything through re: season ticket codes as yet.

Edited by dive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Someone's reading, just got mine😂👍

Did you get yours by post as opposed to email? I see some people on Facebook saying that's how they received theirs.

Edit - never mind, email was sitting in my inbox.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've just tweeted that they're still to make all the codes live, hopefully that's sorted before Saturday so we can all check it's working tomorrow.

 


Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I saw someone mention on Facebook that they have received their season ticket code for streaming the games. Anyone else received theirs? I've had nothing.

Got a letter yesterday saying they had no email address for me and to get in touch to make my code (printed in the letter) a permanent one.

Sent an email, got a reply today.


McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The presentation is getting better. The use of multiple cameras helps a lot. Working the goal highlight in when they were discussing it, that's good stuff.

Have to say I'm not a fan of McGinty's but he seems happy to be here and as long as he gives 100% he deserves backing. But not captain material (from the outside looking in.)

Edited by TRVMP

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.


Do you like Abba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The presentation is getting better. The use of multiple cameras helps a lot. Working the goal highlight in when they were discussing it, that's good stuff.

Have to say I'm not a fan of McGinty's but he seems happy to be here and as long as he gives 100% he deserves backing. But not captain material (from the outside looking in.)

Although his passing was under par, I thought he did well defensively and won most of what came his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Toby said:

If we go to live streamed games in the UK becoming the norm after COVID then the gulf between the haves and have nots will only increase.

Celtic and Rangers have sold out their season tickets- allowing them to sell streams to their wider fan base would only increase the financial gulf between them and the rest, whilst clubs like ourselves, who sell out about a fifth of our ground could find guys like you or I, who don’t stay locally, just deciding to pay c. £15 to sit in the house with a couple of cans instead of £20 plus travel to actually go to the game.

One of the very few things we’ve got right in the UK with regards to broadcasting football is the ban on 3pm games- that absolutely has to stay to protect clubs like ourselves.

I would envisage that the top tier might be excluded as they are the only division that gets significant live coverage. For Morton, boosting income from streaming makes sense. I get it that it might reduce crowds at the game marginally, but it would on the other hand increase income as there are loads of folk who can’t get to games for whatever reason but would pay for a stream. Also environmentally friendly as reduces carbon footprints. Most folk would rather be in the Cowshed, but  the travel time and costs are a big disincentive for out of town supporters. A 200 mile round trip for us gets less appealing the older I get. Still be there when things open up again, but streaming is an attractive option to allow seeing 100% of games.


"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I would envisage that the top tier might be excluded as they are the only division that gets significant live coverage. For Morton, boosting income from streaming makes sense. I get it that it might reduce crowds at the game marginally, but it would on the other hand increase income as there are loads of folk who can’t get to games for whatever reason but would pay for a stream. Also environmentally friendly as reduces carbon footprints. Most folk would rather be in the Cowshed, but  the travel time and costs are a big disincentive for out of town supporters. A 200 mile round trip for us gets less appealing the older I get. Still be there when things open up again, but streaming is an attractive option to allow seeing 100% of games.

You need to consider the long term consequences though. While this would be convenient for out of town fans who maybe couldn't make it through due to another commitment, once you allow clubs to broadcast within the UK at 3pm on a Saturday it's inevitable that TV channels will demand and eventually receive the right to do so as well. It's a slippery slope once you allow that outwith the current unprecedented situation.

Fans who are already attached to a club and in the habit of attending games are still going to be attending regardless - although if they can watch it from home for far less many might think twice about away games - but over the long term you're making it considerably harder to attract new fans if all clubs are now having to compete directly with an English Premier League game and/or Celtic and Rangers at 3 on a Saturday.


Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.