Ton Tv - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

So I sent email last night asking for refund  got email back saying to contact ceo@gmfc.net for an update.  could they not have forwarded the bloody thing to him.

They aren't technical gurus give them a break. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

2 hours ago, irnbru said:

'We're a football club, we're not technical Internet gurus' is probably the best bit of trolling I've seen this year especially from  CEO who seemed to think a new website theme would cure all our ills.

It's actually amazing. We're not technical internet gurus, no, that's why you fucking hire one to do the job. If a pipe bursts in the main stand you don't just let the stadium flood because "we're not plumbing tradesmen".

And if they think eventually managing to get a half arsed youtube stream, free to all, where you couldn't see the Sinclair St goal or the ball half the time, entitles them to pocket their takings for that shambles last night they are very mistaken. If Crawford or McKinnon think refunding everyone for that game will be costly they should count up the losses of not doing so and taking responsibility for because the buck stops with them. The club needs this income to survive.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

18 minutes ago, GiGi said:

It's actually amazing. We're not technical internet gurus, no, that's why you fucking hire one to do the job. If a pipe bursts in the main stand you don't just let the stadium flood because "we're not plumbing tradesmen".

And if they think eventually managing to get a half arsed youtube stream, free to all, where you couldn't see the Sinclair St goal or the ball half the time, entitles them to pocket their takings for that shambles last night they are very mistaken. If Crawford or McKinnon think refunding everyone for that game will be costly they should count up the losses of not doing so and taking responsibility for because the buck stops with them. The club needs this income to survive.

We could've hired someone to help look after the technical side of things instead of signing an over abundance of wingers and forwards. I'd happily swap Robbie Muirhead for a website/streaming manager (that would be far better value for money). 

Not having someone internally who knows the technical side of things is pretty staggering considering that's our primary way of bringing in income right now. 

Just now, SpoonTon said:

We could've hired someone to help look after the technical side of things instead of signing an over abundance of wingers and forwards. I'd happily swap Robbie Muirhead for a website/streaming manager (that would be far better value for money). 

Not having someone internally who knows the technical side of things is pretty staggering considering that's our primary way of bringing in income right now. 

Exactly it for me. The playing budget needs reduced to bring in staff behind the scenes. If that means part-time football then so be it. The current model can't continue, it's far too short-sighted. 

The refund of a tenner or a voucher etc I'm not that arsed about, they should offer something but I'm far more concerned that I've forked out £220 for a season ticket (on top of paying £240/year to MCT) and there are serious doubts that the club wont have this fixed come the 17th so left with the feeling of giving Morton far too much financial support when they don't deserve it 

Wouldn't be fair or right to cancel any MCT commit due to incompetence in the boardroom, it's not their fault and that investment is purely for the first team but then again you can't cancel your season ticket so something might have to give for a lots of supporters who support both ventures.

Can you imagine the meltdown if it's not fixed for the Alloa game?

McKinnon should be interviewed today on the not so weekly update sponsored by Mctears the auctioneers 

To add to the farce, the report in the Tele mentioned the game v Queens Park on SATURDAY, the game is on Tuesday night!

Can they get hee haw right.

I too never thought I'd see the day I'd not be buying stuff, the wife has said to me more than once that the if they stuck a Morton badge on a dog shite I'd buy, and you know she's probably right. But even for me last night was a complete Fu*k up and I won't be buying the stream for Tuesday unless they can demonstrate that it's working properly.

8 minutes ago, Madton said:

The refund of a tenner or a voucher etc I'm not that arsed about, they should offer something but I'm far more concerned that I've forked out £220 for a season ticket (on top of paying £240/year to MCT) and there are serious doubts that the club wont have this fixed come the 17th so left with the feeling of giving Morton far too much financial support when they don't deserve it 

Wouldn't be fair or right to cancel any MCT commit due to incompetence in the boardroom, it's not their fault and that investment is purely for the first team but then again you can't cancel your season ticket so something might have to give for a lots of supporters who support both ventures.

Can you imagine the meltdown if it's not fixed for the Alloa game?

McKinnon should be interviewed today on the not so weekly update sponsored by Mctears the auctioneers 

The bit in bold. I'm ABSOLUTELY bothered about it. It's this attitude which makes it perfectly alright for them to cock up absolutely everything they touch knowing that folk are going to extend the sympathy vote to them. Enough is enough!

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but this technology isn't new. There are Junior teams doing it week in week out in some capacity to a far greater standard than we can and we're supposed to be the professional club. It's really not that fucking hard to get the right person in to do the job. If that costs a bit extra, then so be it; the cost of making a complete arse of it will be far greater. 

We heard all throughout the lockdown about this new and exciting website being built in the background and then it goes without so much as any formal launch or promotion of its new features. It was down to folk on here to rip it up for arse paper when it eventually came to light that it was in fact "new". We must have some kind of database with season tickets sold and know roughly how many folk are viewing the website whenever there's a news story or the likes to know what to expect. It's not unreasonable to assume that it was going to be so so obvious last night there'd be an increased interest what with it being the first game back and all, as well as our opponents being pointed in the direction of our website. This should have been given consideration + a heavy factor of safety to avoid an issue like last night given the history of the website crashing and if anything to avoid looking even more like complete and utter morons. 

I've had enough of it now. I'm not purchasing another game until the system works 100% without glitch because at the end of the day it really isnt that hard. I'll not be giving them the cost of a season ticket either in sheer spite of them being completely unreliable and on the back of the statements made in the papers/website today. 

Absolute fucking farce. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

5 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

If anything, this makes me want to increase my MCT sub. The tenner for last night, the tenner for next week, the £45 I was gonna spend on a shirt.

If anything, it makes me want to cancel my payments to them, at least in the short term. I really want them to be successful, but for the time being my money is indirectly going into Crawford’s back pocket, and he doesn’t give a flying fuck about anything but himself.

If it means taking the hit of a relegation, I’d have no problems with MCT starving Morton of their £10k a month just to get it up him for the utter contempt we’re being shown here.

Unfortunately I’ve paid for a season ticket, but I’ll watch from the car park next week, where I saw just about as much of the game as I did last night anyway.

Excellent statement from MCT about last night’s fiasco though, and good to see them calling out the club’s failings. Time they went to the top though and started pulling up the guy holding the purse strings that stands to walk away from his failing football club with a nice big bit of industrial land that could make his family a few quid in the future.

First of all unreserved apologies.

As you will imagine, we are working extensively on this matter with our IT streaming provider, and will advise all persons who purchased the stream on the Club’s decision in respect of a refund and the solutions to ensure future streams are delivered professionally.

If you could bear with us till those decisions are made clear later today, it would be appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Surprise, surprise.

Screenshot_20201007-133115~2.png

Yeah, this is what I've said a few times. The movement of the camera was decent enough and seemed to be following the game about 20 yards too far up/close in. The cameraman was missing the action by the same distance every time. Why no-one fixed this issue is a mystery, and indicates really poor communication and management (if only we actually employed someone to properly oversee this). 

2 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

First of all unreserved apologies.

As you will imagine, we are working extensively on this matter with our IT streaming provider, and will advise all persons who purchased the stream on the Club’s decision in respect of a refund and the solutions to ensure future streams are delivered professionally.

If you could bear with us till those decisions are made clear later today, it would be appreciated.

Someone with more technical nous than me can prove me wrong, but isn't the issue with the website as opposed to the streaming provider? We never actually got to test the stream because the website shat the bed..

So, in short, lies in our esteemed CEO's email response to you. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

6 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Someone with more technical nous than me can prove me wrong, but isn't the issue with the website as opposed to the streaming provider? We never actually got to test the stream because the website shat the bed..

So, in short, lies in our esteemed CEO's email response to you. 

I'd say so...we couldn't even get on the website to see if there was a stream there

The more I see that 'technical gurus' quote the more absurd it becomes.

They're not structural surveyors either, but they have to ensure the ground has a safety certificate. So you get someone in to do that.

They're not goalkeepers, which is why they sign goalkeepers.

They're not bakers, so they hire someone to bake and sell the half-time pies.

One of the core functions of the CEO is to identify what needs done and to ensure the resources - human and otherwise - are in place to do it, not to do everything himself.

I've said it for months, if MacKinnon spent less time answering stupid fucking emails and more time doing his actual job, we'd be in much less of a mess.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived