Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (3rd May) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (3rd May)

Full time in Ayr. Unless we concede a few late goals, we'll be 5th.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

22 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Aye Muirhead can be on his way, attitude has always been stinking and thinks he is better than he is don't need people like that around the club. 

Absolutely 💯 

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Remember it was Craig Napier who was the referee, though. That doesn’t excuse losing his temper like that, but Stuart Kettlewell and Liam Kelly were scathing about him last week.

While the red card for Jack Vale was as clear a red as you’ll ever see, and Kettlewell didn’t have a case there, both were very vocal about how Napier’s attitude and behaviour was appalling.

• Upvote 2

Thought both yellow cards were extremely harsh. The dive was a dive, but no worse than 3 or 4 of Samuel’s throughout the match. Difference being that Robbie’s was in the box, which always runs the risk. Couldn’t hear the dissent but again it didn’t look like anything unusual. He did sarcastically applaud after the red which doesn’t help his defence.

There were a couple of more blatant yellows not given for Inverness throughout the match, for example the late trip on Mcgrattan as he entered the box. 

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

Remember it was Craig Napier who was the referee, though. That doesn’t excuse losing his temper like that, but Stuart Kettlewell and Liam Kelly were scathing about him last week.

While the red card for Jack Vale was as clear a red as you’ll ever see, and Kettlewell didn’t have a case there, both were very vocal about how Napier’s attitude and behaviour was appalling.

The last few words could be attributed to one of our "top players".

Too often he has a go back at the support and cupping his ears. He's scored 16/17 goals, 3 of those came in one game and he be must've put away around 8 penalties. Muirhead thinks he's way better than he actually is, and we should be reinforcing that by getting rid of his embarrassing behaviour.

Give Oakley his wage.

• Downvote 4

Done OK first half and deserved to be level. Second half i thought the referee totally fucked us over but we have to react better as a team and individually. I feel for Muirhead. Looked like a foul for which he was booked for diving then he gives the ref some verbals and gets a red. He totally loses it from there kicking the advertising boards and has a go at the caley bench. 

Thought power won the ball for their pen but could be wrong. 

Finishing 5th and those cunts finish 9th is a great end to the evening. A other season of so close yet so far. Time for a clear out of the deadwood. Interesting to see big darragh on the pitch at the end. Looked like George was off going by his reaction. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 minutes ago, Chicken_Soup said:

Thought both yellow cards were extremely harsh. The dive was a dive, but no worse than 3 or 4 of Samuel’s throughout the match. Difference being that Robbie’s was in the box, which always runs the risk. Couldn’t hear the dissent but again it didn’t look like anything unusual. He did sarcastically applaud after the red which doesn’t help his defence.

There were a couple of more blatant yellows not given for Inverness throughout the match, for example the late trip on Mcgrattan as he entered the box. 

A dive in the box, plus doubling down with dissent doesn't seem extremely harsh couple of bookings to me. 

What a strange season. Disgust, followed by the best form in living memory, followed by disgust then apathy. 

More consistency needed next season, and a plan B when the long ball to the big man up top isn't viable. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Interesting to see big darragh on the pitch at the end. Looked like George was off going by his reaction. 

Dougie mentioned at the Q&A a club had asked to speak to two of our players. Hope we can hold onto both of them but think it’ll be a tough task keeping George.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

A dive in the box, plus doubling down with dissent doesn't seem extremely harsh couple of bookings to me. 

As stated, the dive and the dissent were both very similar to multiple other incidents in the match which didn’t merit a yellow. The threshold for a second yellow is typically higher, even more so when it’s immediately after the first, so it’s fair to say they looked harsh, without hearing the words he used. 

Falling into the trap of reading too much into these things, particularly when the players may not know themselves…

But Oakley hanging back to applaud the fans himself after the others, and Gillespie giving the captains armband to a young fan, looked to me like farewells. 

Muirhead I can take or leave tbh he scores enough goals over the season but his work rate and attitude at times is fkn rotten his goal celebration after a shite free kick against Queens Park was cringe as was sitting on the bench well after the whistle after the raith game if he dosny want to be hear then fk right off there are plenty out there who will fill his boots. 

17 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I'm sure there are, but very few will produce the same amount of goals and assists

As I've said before if and when he leaves I'll be very surprised if he moves in an upward trajectory.  

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"