Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (9th December) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (9th December)

Admin

Finally getting a win over that mob is very pleasing and keeps us in the chase. Let's hope this is the boost in confidence we need and with players returning from injuries, we can go on and have a decent 2nd half of the season.

Queen's Park took a scudding today so hopefully we give them another doing next week.

11 minutes ago, Hands of Cowan said:

Finally getting a win over that mob is very pleasing and keeps us in the chase. Let's hope this is the boost in confidence we need and with players returning from injuries, we can go on and have a decent 2nd half of the season.

Queen's Park took a scudding today so hopefully we give them another doing next week.

Unfortunately they got a scudding from the team we play on Tuesday.

However, delighted with the win today - long live the long throw!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That's an unbelievably huge result.

Airdrie currently sit in 5th having played two more games than us, with the opportunity to sword them on their useless midden in a fortnight's time to halve that deficit too. If we can reverse the damage from the home Airdrie result as we did with Arbroath today, then we will be in a sound position. 

We're not going to challenge for top 4 after our horrendous start, but we're a couple of follow-up results from having a solid enough league campaign. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That was sensational to dig a win out in that situation. The wind in the second half was the most ridiculous thing I've seen since that Scottish Cup tie at Livingston in about 2005, it was Arbroath's best player pinning us back in our half and even at 1-0 it was already looking dodgy to hold on for a point with the extent of the onslaught it was causing. To withstand that, pick ourselves up after the equaliser and then be clinical with one of our few visits to their half was absolutely fantastic and a credit to the team to have that sort of mentality when they're having the season they're having.

Two superbly taken goals. As cheap as our opener was from Arbroath's perspective, it was excellent from Bearne to thread that pass and McGrattan took it well. The second is outrageous from Oakley to pull a finish like that out of nowhere and above all other descriptions it's extremely funny that we scored from a Strapp long throw in his first game back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

A win on Tuesday would take us up to 7th. Today’s result is a huge one. A real 6 pointer. And QP continue to implode.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

That was fantastic. Thought we played excellently overall considering the conditions. The wind and torrential rain made it a fight and the players were brilliant in that regard. Chucking their bodies into every tackle. 

Bearne is really coming onto a game. Thought he was our most dangerous player and a fantastic assist for an excellent McGrattan.

Mullen very good. Wilson also very good in both positions. Great to see Strapp back and loved the passion at the end from him. 

Massive result which brings us right back into it. Huge couple of games coming up. A managerless Queens Park most likely on Saturday. 

Arbroath stewards were a disgrace btw. Forcing fans to stand in the rain as they only allocated us about 60 seats in the stand, with them initially closing behind the goals. Glad some club officials came over to fix it and tell them to open it. 

32 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Forcing fans to stand in the rain as they only allocated us about 60 seats in the stand, with them initially closing behind the goals. Glad some club officials came over to fix it and tell them to open it. 

Lichties fans were just as disgusted to be fair. Many comments on P&B expressing how embarrassing it was to see soaked and freezing away supporters being made to stand out in the open when a near-empty covered enclosure was only yards away.

Fantastic result and one that really gets us back in touch with the teams around us. Looking at the next run of games ICT and Ayr at home, Airdrie away, ICT away and there's definitely points to be taken. 

Thinking about the squad yesterday was it only  MacDonald, Waters and Quitongo that were missing? Any update on MacDonald or Jai?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fantastic result and one that really gets us back in touch with the teams around us. Looking at the next run of games ICT and Ayr at home, Airdrie away, ICT away and there's definitely points to be taken. 

Thinking about the squad yesterday was it only  MacDonald, Waters and Quitongo that were missing? Any update on MacDonald or Jai?

Power siding too. Saw a comment about Jai being out until the New Year. Not sure what’s happened there. 

10 hours ago, DumfriesTon said:

Arbroath stewards were a disgrace btw. Forcing fans to stand in the rain as they only allocated us about 60 seats in the stand, with them initially closing behind the goals. Glad some club officials came over to fix it and tell them to open it. 

So it's not just our stewards , more accurately "Head Steward " that's a jobsworth fud.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Power siding too. Saw a comment about Jai being out until the New Year. Not sure what’s happened there. 

Forgot about Power!

That's a shame if he's had another setback. Even seeing him in the matchday squad has been a boost

57 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Two superbly taken goals, but a special mention also to Bearne for the slide rule pass though to McGratten for the 1st goal. After a shaky start he's started to show some real potential in the last few games, delighted for him.

Couldn't agree anymore CHC.

Archived