The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

19 minutes ago, Hands of Cowan said:

I know we can't risk Gorgeous George coming back too soon and risk the rest of his season, but if he had one leg, one eye and fractured skull...... I'd still play him ahead of Jai at the moment !!! 

I know you're joking but Jai will be more frustrated than anyone with his continual injury problems.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

16 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I know you're joking but Jai will be more frustrated than anyone with his continual injury problems.

I am joking and here's hoping his fitness levels have improved and that he plays an absolute blinder tonight.

Not impressed by Hearts at all and Lewis Strapp is bearing the brunt of it. That's four or five times now they've hacked or shoved him.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not jinxing it, I'm pointing it out because of our thin bench: there are no replays anymore in the Scottish Cup so it needs to be kept in mind before making any subs that there are 30 minutes of ET to contend with if it's 0-0 at the end.

EOho8Pw.png

Just wasn't meant to be tonight Hearts dominated most of the game but didn't look too clever in front of goal. We had a good 20 min spell in the second half where Gordon make a great save from Strapp. 

Some effort from all the boys they were out on their feet and it was just a step too far. 

Heads held high for the rest of the season let's push on and get these playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

an outstanding effort from every single player tonight. It’s the hope that bloody kills you. Thought Mullen, Broadfoot and Power were phenomenal, although I can’t help but feel Power should take one for the team and half the hearts player to stop their attack for the goal? Perhaps being harsh.

Had our chances and gave it our all, that’s all you can ask for. Hopefully fans have watched that and will come back the team to push for play offs now. We more than deserve it. Overall emotions are absolutely gutted but extremely proud of this club and group of players. Closest I have seen us come to a Scottish cup semi final in my lifetime.

Btw I would not have it any other way.

• Upvote 2

Aye felt someone had to take the boy down and take a yellow. If that happens we get to ET for me.

I understand Dougie not wanting to change the shape as it was working well but we were crying out for some fresh legs towards the end and looked so tired, maybe he would have changed it had we held on for the 90.

Not to be and just need to hope we kick on again and finish strong.

Was thinking on the drive home, we've probably secured around 750k of unexpected revenue in the last 14 months from Rangers and Celtic away and this cup run. Its been a very successful period for us and hopefully we can build on it.

Obviously if we take it to extra time, who knows how it would've played out but we looked dead on our feet. I felt as if we could've made a change but Imrie obviously wanted freshness if it went that far. 

Absolutely stellar performances in there, I thought Lewis Strapp in particular was sensational. Wouldn't be too bothered with that set up on Saturday. If we had Oakley/Wilson fit I think we win that tonight.

Unfortunately again, the big crowds do bring out the worst of folk. A good lot of those involved with "Cowshed" having Celtic/Rangers wallpapers on their phones and their chants about Naismith being "orange" was incredibly embarrassing. Few shouts at Imrie too at the end which were dealt with as expected from surrounding fans.

Strapp was indeed immense and that's despite them throwing the kitchen sink at him. Fair play, he's made some comeback from being without a club. A bottom-six top flight team could do worse than take a chance on him.

EOho8Pw.png

That's both the Motherwell game and tonight that we fannies from that section have been throwing things at morton fans at the front of the Cowshed as well. It's a shame as that section have put in such an amazing effort to make cappielow a better experience for all Morton fans and are being let down by some idiots during the big nights at cappielow. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif