Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (22nd April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (22nd April)

Admin

3 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

3 points....job done.

Yup. My heart leapt for joy when Accies went 2-1 up against Doolan's hipsters. But then lost it again a minute later. And much as I despise Dundee, we could really have done with them trousering Caley. But we always knew that our remaining chances were dependent on other results going our way. All we can do is to focus on continuing to do our job.

Mon the Ton.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in the race, but made heavy weather of that.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Played better than that recently and dropped points so I'll take it. 

Other results give us a chance although could have been better in the end. We really should be comfortably in these playoffs right now given the silly points dropped in recent weeks. 

Raith going down to 9 was funny until you realise they're playing Ayr next week. Nah it was still funny actually. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Really makes you rue all the wins that turned into stupid draws in the last 4 months. We should be in with a shout of winning the league never mind outsiders for a playoff. 

Made hard work again today of a game that should have been more comfortable than it ended up but decent 3 points in the end. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

3 points and that's all we wanted. Didn't think it was the best of games and we sort of lost our way after about 20 mins however our goal was really well worked. 

They really didn't trouble Schwake though other than the one off the bar. I thought the ref was a joke for both teams but will take it when we are winning and they go down to 9. 

Still very tight and we can only just keep doing our job and hope other teams do us a favour. 

One major plus point for me was Miller I must admit I haven't been his biggest fan since he signed but he has really kicked on these past few weeks also nice to see King getting more game time and another really good finish by him. 

Dougie calling out how flat the fans are in his post match interview unless we score etc. 

To be honest I think he's right ever since we won our last BBC game there's been a flatness during games that wasn't there previously in the season. The next game I think a lot of the singing crowd were in hospitality and it was noticeable and it's not been the same since. 

The drum and the boys in the singing section has been the best thing to happen to the cappielow atmosphere in years and some of the songs they come up with are brilliant. I'm not sure of the reason that they've died down a bit from earlier in the season but hopefully they can get back to their best for one final push next week as you can see the lift it gives to the players and the rest of the fans in the stadium. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Test 1 completed, bigger test next week.

For all we were pretty poor from 20 mins onwards, Raith had zero shots on target and if anything we were unlucky not to grab 1 or 2 more in the second half. Don't think we can go with the same shape next week, QP could pick us off.

Raith will be down to bare bones against Ayr but could easily get a draw down there. Arbroath should need a point against Thistle (assuming Cove lose in Fri  night) so hopefully Dick works his magic and frustrates the hell out of that lot.

Assuming Dundee win on Fri night at home to Cove, we can hand them the title with a win against QP too. Getting it right up Coyle would be lovely.

Should be another fascinating weekend. Just give us a win so we have a chance going into last day.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Picture came back but blacked out again. Shambles. Really need to get the technical issues sorted. Not the first time there have been problems.

Hi Alibi. I was working the camera today as the usual cameraman had to call off close to kick-off, which he's only done about 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years I reckon. We had to use a substitute camera and then the cabling, which was working fine until today, decided to pack in. At times it was almost like wiggling an old TV arial to get a picture. In short, a perfect shit storm.

Hopefully the camerawork was ok and you didn't miss any important action.

As you no doubt know, the whole 'Ton TV set up was put in place during Covid where we had the freedom to work without the fans being in. Now they're back (which is obviously great) it's hard to work around everything with the old stand really not built to accommodate such stuff, but the team generally does pretty well I think?

So sorry again for the blackout moments and even though the coverage was unfortunately interrupted, which is shit for the viewers, I just wanted to explain what was going on today.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Dougie calling out how flat the fans are in his post match interview unless we score etc. 

To be honest I think he's right ever since we won our last BBC game there's been a flatness during games that wasn't there previously in the season. The next game I think a lot of the singing crowd were in hospitality and it was noticeable and it's not been the same since. 

The drum and the boys in the singing section has been the best thing to happen to the cappielow atmosphere in years and some of the songs they come up with are brilliant. I'm not sure of the reason that they've died down a bit from earlier in the season but hopefully they can get back to their best for one final push next week as you can see the lift it gives to the players and the rest of the fans in the stadium. 

It wasn't flat at all when the team was taking charge of the game: in the opening 20 minutes and towards the end of the game too. 

The atmosphere went flat after the team lost their pressing intensity for most of the middle part of the game and weren't giving much to be shouting about at that time. And a home game against Raith with nothing to play for is hardly a likely candidate to replicate the Ali Sami Yen anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That was a hard watch today.

Scored a good goal then seemed to run out of ideas very quickly and spent much of the rest of the game giving Raith the chance to earn a point. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

33 minutes ago, CM48 said:

Hi Alibi. I was working the camera today as the usual cameraman had to call off close to kick-off, which he's only done about 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years I reckon. We had to use a substitute camera and then the cabling, which was working fine until today, decided to pack in. At times it was almost like wiggling an old TV arial to get a picture. In short, a perfect shit storm.

As you no doubt know, the whole 'Ton TV set up was put in place during Covid where we had the freedom to work without the fans being in. Now they're back (which is obviously great) it's hard to work around everything with the old stand really not built to accommodate such stuff, but the team generally does pretty well I think?

So sorry again for the blackout moments and even though the coverage was unfortunately interrupted, which is shit for the viewers, I just wanted to explain what was going on today.

Fair play for the apology and the explanation. Technical shite happens. Onwards and upwards.

Excellent technique from King for the goal. A textbook header back across from where the cross came from, but it takes real skill and composure to execute that finish. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Excellent technique from King for the goal. A textbook header back across from where the cross came from, but it takes real skill and composure to execute that finish. 

The whole goal was well made. Yeah, Raith stood off, but it was a good kick out from Schwake, well brought down by Oakley (he covered a lot of ground from what little I saw), Miller did well up the right and played a good cross in - and indeed, King's technique was excellent but he also timed his movement well to ensure he wasn't standing waiting both to head from a static jump and to be picked up by the guy ahead of him.

If we can get even 15 goals as simple and well-made as that next season we'll be on a good path.

EOho8Pw.png

11 hours ago, CM48 said:

Thanks for that great feedback. I assumed it was technical issues and most likely problems with cables. Usually the coverage is excellent despite the sub-optimal location of the cameras but it was clear at the start yesterday that there had been a change of camera. Actually when the teams ran out, it looked as if the resolution was lower but then it improved before ko. Actual streaming was fine and never get buffering. The main problem with the coverage is actually folk coming up the stairs from hospitality blocking the view down towards the corner flag in the first few minutes of each half. Anyway it’s a terrific service for those of us watching in “Chicago”.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

13 hours ago, CM48 said:

Hello CM48, thanks for stepping in at the last minute.

I've used the overseas livestream service all season (barring the first couple of games when I couldn't get access because my subscription payment hadn't been credited to my account), and generally it's been very good. Do you know if it will continue next season? I really hope so, and if so, I'll definitely be taking out another subscription for this service.

The blackouts were a bit annoying yesterday, but I understand it wasn't your fault. Actually it's happened before at other games, but usually only for a few seconds. One other minor criticism is that there was no sound on yesterday and on quite a few other games, particularly towards the end of the season. It helps to add to the atmosphere to hear the ref getting pelters. :) But generally the camerawork and picture quality has been pretty good. 

If the periodic blackouts and sound issues could get sorted for next season, it would be great.

Thought that the ref was very poor yesterday for both teams, again allowed players to steal 10 yards at every throw in but worst example is at the 2nd red card. The free kick happens about 30 yards from Raiths goal but allows them to take free kick on the half way line…. Assistant refs also need to start actually helping refs with the constant fouling by centre halfs on the forwards.

We made stupidly hard work of keeping the ball v 9 men at the end, but job done.

We genuinely should have been 3-0 up after 5 minutes, then made increasingly hard work of it as the game went on with Raith starting to win everything in midfield. Good to see early subs and Blues & Gillespie did make a difference in plugging the gaps in midfield, Blues played really well. Thought the shot that came down off the bar was over the line, but we got away with it.

We're still needing too many other results to go our way to make the playoffs even if we win the next two, and funny as they were Raith's red cards don't help the chances of that.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

We're still needing too many other results to go our way to make the playoffs even if we win the next two, and funny as they were Raith's red cards don't help the chances of that.

If we win our last two games we need one result to go our way. We’d need Inverness to draw with Ayr in their last game for us to make 4th place.

Archived