Squad for next Season - Page 128 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

38 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Wow.

Thought it was a possibility given we’re in need of a left back, he’s in need of games and he was still coming along to the odd game during his rehab.

Fingers crossed he’ll be up to speed and able to help us out. Better to have him than continuing with right footed midfielders at left back.

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Purely from a team perspective it's an extremely handy signing for next couple of months at least. 

From a massive red flag perspective, I'm sure it was an extremely tough negotiation between our new chairman and his agent to get him in the shop window until the end of the transfer window. 

He and his agent will have bitten our hand off for this offer considering he's not had a job in 8 months. 

The length of the deal could well be as much our decision as his given that it was our choice to get rid of him in the first place. 

Edited by Hej

Was not expecting that. 

If waters was fit we wouldn't be signing him but it's good to have him back for the short time solid player at left back and plenty of experience, the only slight thing I would question is signing someone who hasn't played for 6 months on a two month deal doesn't really add up. 

1 minute ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Was not expecting that. 

If waters was fit we wouldn't be signing him but it's good to have him back for the short time solid player at left back and plenty of experience, the only slight thing I would question is signing someone who hasn't played for 6 months on a two month deal doesn't really add up. 

We're desperate for a left back and know what he can do. Can't be many that are available do worth a gamble. 

1 minute ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Was not expecting that. 

He hasn't played since 21 January, so in fact it's almost 11 months

8 minutes ago, Hej said:

He and his agent will have bitten our hand off for this offer considering he's not had a job in 8 months. 

The length of the deal could well be as much our decision as his given that it was our choice to get rid of him in the first place. 

Our chairman and his agent is the same person which is why your point about being as much our decision is moot and a potential conflict of interest going forward. 

We need strapp in so I'm not complaining about this particular deal but this was my worry when Laird was appointed chairman. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

15 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Our chairman and his agent is the same person which is why your point about being as much our decision is moot and a potential conflict of interest going forward. 

We need strapp in so I'm not complaining about this particular deal but this was my worry when Laird was appointed chairman. 

Oh, I didn't know that. 

I definitely agree with your concerns. That's not a great look

Good move that probably benefits both parties. No real downside imho.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Fooling.

Absolutely. 

Nobody. 

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpg

My source is from the board via MCT. As a MCT Member I'm encouraged to ask questions and I've been pleasantly surprised at how my concerns are treated seriously and address as such. On some occasions MCT have forwarded my concerns to the board and came back with their response. In this case (policy on academy players) they simply said that the board had similar concerns to myself and put them to the manager. I'm sure that anyone on here or the Morton forum would be more surprised if I didn't articulate my concerns through that avenue in the same way as I do on these forums, albiet in a much more diplomatic fashion. 

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

My source is from the board via MCT. As a MCT Member I'm encouraged to ask questions and I've been pleasantly surprised at how my concerns are treated seriously and address as such. On some occasions MCT have forwarded my concerns to the board and came back with their response. In this case (policy on academy players) they simply said that the board had similar concerns to myself and put them to the manager. I'm sure that anyone on here or the Morton forum would be more surprised if I didn't articulate my concerns through that avenue in the same way as I do on these forums, albiet in a much more diplomatic fashion. 

Copied from my post on P&B, hence the black background etc. 

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Copied from my post on P&B, hence the black background etc. 

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpg

Copied from my response to your post on P and B. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Very intellectual!

IMG-20220305-WA0000.jpg

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Wonder what Dougie's thoughts are regarding this next window bearing in mind we could well lose French and Strapp.

Strapp signing for a handful of games is a bonus rather than a risk. It would be nice to have him til the end of the season but Waters is more than capable at this level.

As for French, I think there's a player in there but his fitness and performances haven't exactly been brilliant. Presumably both French and Harkness' wages become free in January. If we can keep him and he hits a bit of form then great, but he also wouldn't be a huge loss on current showing and we should have the budget to fund a decent replacement.

38 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Strapp signing for a handful of games is a bonus rather than a risk. It would be nice to have him til the end of the season but Waters is more than capable at this level.

As for French, I think there's a player in there but his fitness and performances haven't exactly been brilliant. Presumably both French and Harkness' wages become free in January. If we can keep him and he hits a bit of form then great, but he also wouldn't be a huge loss on current showing and we should have the budget to fund a decent replacement.

We're surely not paying for Harkness?  Is he not away back to THerangers?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."