Squad for next Season - Page 112 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

30 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

If we're still not finding a decent right back, and bear in mind Queen's Park still don't have one either and could blow us out the water financially if they end up chasing the same player when someone Imrie wants becomes available, I could see a scenario where Blues (or McGrattan) are at right back until Baird is fit, then O'Connor moves across when Baird returns.

Short of a natural right back becoming available, if we're going to end up with O'Connor as first choice there my ideal scenario is signing Ricki Lamie and then having him and Baird as the first choice partnership, but obviously not sure how likely it is that Motherwell are actually going to move him on despite now being sixth choice centre back.

I was going to say something similar. If we could get a decent decent half in and move O'Connor to right back then that might help us to be more defensively solid. It's all ifs, obviously. 

I'd heard a few weeks ago that king was due to go out on loan. Wondering if Wilson comes in that may happen?

Could also be putting 2 and 2 together here but noticed Gillespie didnt budge off the bench on Saturday.  He may be injured?

Edited by Mr.Blue

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Genuinely had no idea that Crawford was 30. I had him in the 26-28 age bracket. It shows how good he's been that there are Scottish teams out there potentially willing to spend money on a 30 year old championship player who hasn't turned up trees anywhere else he's been. 

Edit to add: he's 29 I googled the wrong Robbie Crawford 😂 point still stands I guess. 

Edited by port-ton

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Is Wilson (if he ends up with us) cup-tied?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Garrity named MotM in Annan's 3-1 win over Stranraer last night.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Imrie in the tele saying that Wilson can play rightback, centreback and centre midfield so makes sense why he wanted him as long as he can get and stay fit. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Imrie in the tele saying that Wilson can play rightback, centreback and centre midfield so makes sense why he wanted him as long as he can get and stay fit. 

Got to be to play at centre back to allow either O'Connor back to right back or take Broadfoot's place and play with O'Connor at CB and Blues RB.  the thought of Wilson at RB with his pace gives me the fear.

here today, gone to hell

Has it been confirmed that Wilson is either signed or being signed?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

26 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Has it been confirmed that Wilson is either signed or being signed?

Imrie said he hopes to get the deal over the line by the end of the week.  Funds are available to possibly bring in further signings but nothing expected before the Rangers game

Also said there hasn’t been contact from any other clubs about Crawford and that he is basically laughing it off as paper talk until he recieves a phone call or a fax expressing an interest.

Confirmed also on twitter. Really hope this isn't an indication that Crawford might be away I know Imrie said there has been no contact but he always keeps his cards close to his chest. 

Wilson is a decent enough signing pretty versitile and can play a few positions, wouldn't have him as a right back or centre half in a million years but Dougie knows him better than me. 

Also didn't realise he was only 24 felt like he was about for ages also the fact its only a loan deal means if he doesn't really come good then we are stuck with him.

But please let's sign a natural right back next. 

I just think this is an odd signing. Imrie mentioning he can fill in at the back is worrying enough. He's slow and lanky, not ideal for a RB. I could see King going on loan until January. 

If we can get two signings in I'd be making 1 and giving Crawford a new deal.

I like Wilson as a player and thought he did well with us after a slow start. Being able to play in a few different positions is a real positive and I couldn't believe it when I read he was only 24.

Need to hope he can stay fit as I do think he'd be an asset to the team. Power and him in the midfield could be a right bastard to play against.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

King is surely our back up left back so I can't see him being sent out on loan unless we bring in someone versatile enough to play there when needed. 

32.gif

If we play high up like we did at 2-2 on Saturday, and Wilson's at DR, we'll get done pretty often. I like him as a midfielder but unless he's been at the sprints he's a risk at fullback.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

King is surely our back up left back so I can't see him being sent out on loan unless we bring in someone versatile enough to play there when needed. 

I don't think we'll be sending King on loan regardless - even with the new signings he's not as far down the pecking order as Garrity was - but this is why I was hoping for Lamie or a similar type of centre back who can also cover left back, because that really isn't a comfortable option if Waters ends up out for any length of time.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake