Squad for next Season - Page 109 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

42 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

But I'm on a different universe for suggesting we sign a defender 😂

What makes you believe Dougie isn't trying to? He already mentioned in the post match interview last week that some players have knocked us back - it's highly probable these included one or more defenders.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

Assuming we don't get a defender in today as well, with Blues suspended I wouldn't be surprised if Power's at centre back tomorrow. It's a less bad option than Gillespie in defence or Waters at centre back and King at left back.

That's us sorted in midfield now and it's nice to have a real alternative to Gillespie and very possibly an upgrade on him, depending on much age has affected him at 35, but all eyes on the defensive signing now.

I could live with only signing one and O'Connor being first choice right back if we add a centre back good enough to start who can also cover at left back. Hopefully Motherwell are willing to send Sir Richard out on loan soon, maybe they're waiting for more signings or Butcher to get fit before moving him on.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Another really smart signing good experience and even played in the premiership recently. 

Surprised again we are able to get guys like that but just shows what happens when you are patient and not just punting for anyone who is available. 

A centre back and right back and squad would surely be done even maybe someone who can play both. 

Always felt we needed a bit of bite in midfield and he is just that. 

6 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Very solid signing on paper. Probably an upgrade on Gillespie and a bit of a hard bastard which our midfield lacks at the moment. 

I've seen a few people say that. I think Gillespie has a lot to offer on his day so would see it more as an alternative than an upgrade. Good signing though and if we can get a defender in the squad is looking in decent shape and Imrie has a lot of options in how we set up. 

Really good business this week - quality, competition and experience added.

We've enough in the squad as it stands to put in a performance against Ayr and it looks like there's another couple of players to come in soon. 

Garrity confirmed away to Annan until January. League one a good move for him to see what level he is at.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Agree and it's good to see Annan continuing to be cultivated as a club we can do business with, hopefully supplanting nearby Border rivals 'Queen of the South' (Ed: double-check weirdo name) in the seaside league pecking order soon.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I was impressed with the football they played in the playoffs as well which will hopefully suit him more than the defensive wingers that Stevie Farrell wanted at Dumbarton that lead to Ross fucking McLean keeping him out the side last season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Imrie confirming in his pre match interview that Mullen is indeed injured. 

Also pronounced the word coup as "cowp" confirming that he's only ever seen that word written on paper before. 

• Upvote 1

32.gif