Motherwell v Morton - Match Thread - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Motherwell v Morton - Match Thread

Chesh

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s stuck in but been bullied off the ball with ease. Too lightweight.

We are a shambles

Strap is one of the strongest and hardest players in the team.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

We have been absolutely schooled here.

Hopkin's livi were renowned for being streetwise. Men against boys now. Maybe shows how important someone like McLean is.

Hopkin said we had a couple of signings to make. Based on that showing, needs to be two extremely versatile players.

Ramsbottom was an absolute bombscare.

I get that we lost our centre back after 55 mins and then shipped 3 goals but Jacobs at right back was utterly awful. The centre of the park was toothless.

I get that strapp got bullied a bit but he stood up. He will not play against that quality every week.

On that showing and with that squad I would predict 6th or 7th.

Alexander Easdales name got mentioned as being in the squad in Hopkin's pre match interview. Notice there is a big match report on the official site with his name mentioned a good few times

Very poor tonight. But as much as we need some quality in the team a back 4 fucked it from the off here. Don't want to jump the gun but after the queen's game let's see how we look against a team at our level before pishing the knickers.

McAlister is finished at this level. No pace and no spacial awareness what so ever.

Miller seemed to be off the pace aswell lost the ball several times in dangerous areas.

A 3rd goalie is now certainly needed.

I thought Nesbitt was decent, kept running all the way to the end.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

While I don't think it will be as bad as tonight at any point this season in the league, there are some absolutely massive weaknesses in our team. The sort of weaknesses that get teams relegated. They are entirely fixable but it's priority that hopkin sorts it out and is completely ruthless in doing so.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Muirhead will be one of those players we look back on as another fucking chancer.

Worrying that even after 30 minutes of football, Dunfermilne fans comments look absolutely spot on.

Doesn't seem bothered about getting the ball, never makes himself an option to the defence for long balls and goal kicks despite being 6'4.

Been a while since I've seen such a dodgy performance from a keeper. We need someone else in on loan at least before the league starts...

We looked very slow, but unlikely to come up against the same pace in the Championship.

Worryingly poor in general.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Ramsbottom should have his contract cancelled. He is not up to junior standard. Held nothing. Created the 4th goal when a keeper would have tipped the ball over or up and out to the left. Be better with Chris McEleny in goal than that imposter. I am appalled at how bad he is. Going to relegate us. I have never seen a worse Morton keeper than that. Not even good enough for a back up keeper. What was Hopkin thinking? FFS.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Ramsbottom should have his contract cancelled. He is not up to junior standard. Held nothing. Created the 4th goal when a keeper would have tipped the ball over or up and out to the left. Be better with Chris McEleny in goal than that imposter. I am appalled at how bad he is. Going to relegate us. I have never seen a worse Morton keeper than that. Not even good enough for a back up keeper. What was Hopkin thinking? FFS.

So you don't like him?

Archived