Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 111 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

Salkeld has an interview with the local rag today which states that he picked up a thigh injury last week and will be out for the next few as well. He also says that he feels the club's current lack of a full-time physio hasn't helped matters - the club currently brings in some ringer a few days a week instead. I seem to remember a physio vacancy being posted recently but this needs to be sorted ASAP: it simply isn't sustainable for the club to lose first team players to injury in the middle of the season because they haven't filled that role yet. 

The joined up fitness, training and high intensity playing regime being promised in the summer looks as far from reality as ever. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salkeld has an interview with the local rag today which states that he picked up a thigh injury last week and will be out for the next few as well. He also says that he feels the club's current lack of a full-time physio hasn't helped matters - the club currently brings in some ringer a few days a week instead. I seem to remember a physio vacancy being posted recently but this needs to be sorted ASAP: it simply isn't sustainable for the club to lose first team players to injury in the middle of the season because they haven't filled that role yet. 

The joined up fitness, training and high intensity playing regime being promised in the summer looks as far from reality as ever. 

Hopkin recently said that Orsi has picked up a few injuries in training which "shows the intensity we train at". If players are repeatedly getting injured as a result of the manager's training regime and there's no physio, it's a fairly major issue.

AWMSC

Bring back Tidser - as a massage therapist

Just what we need in the centre of midfield right now is an 'experienced' plodder now unable to do anything other than lose the ball and try to kick folk. It's a no from me. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A holding midfielder whose main contribution is kicking people would be fine if said holding midfielder could also run to make up for the lack of mobility of whoever he’ll be sharing the midfield with. Another 34 year old whose legs have gone when their biggest strength in their prime was the amount of ground they covered defensively is not what we need when we already have McAlister fitting that description, and 36 year old Millar also featuring regularly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just what we need in the centre of midfield right now is an 'experienced' plodder now unable to do anything other than lose the ball and try to kick folk. It's a no from me.

Losing the ball might not be such an issue when we’re set up for shelling it out of defence. Kicking folk might be useful.

Welsh came off the bench for Celtic under 23s this afternoon, unless they happen to have another centre back called Welsh their website makes no mention of. Is this injury nowhere near as bad as expected or is something else going on?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Welsh came off the bench for Celtic under 23s this afternoon, unless they happen to have another centre back called Welsh their website makes no mention of. Is this injury nowhere near as bad as expected or is something else going on?

MacKinnon told me last week that he’s fit and as it stands he’ll be staying.

Pretty sure I said that to you in the pub on Saturday?

MacKinnon told me last week that he’s fit and as it stands he’ll be staying.

Pretty sure I said that to you in the pub on Saturday?

The chances of me remembering anything from Saturday are slim.

Hopefully Welsh staying with Tumilty being back means he can get a run of games at centre back and show how good he actually is. We still don’t know if he’s actually up to this level of football, but it’d be harsh to say he isn’t based on his appearances at right back when he’s been fine on the rare occasion he’s been in the centre.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Hands off.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived