Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 109 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

We've hit our SPFL-clubs loan limit. We'd have to send someone back. Presumably Livingstone. Either that or get Baird in permanently.

Don't think we are allowed a total of more than 5 domestic loans. Blues would count towards this so no more loans (or I don't know the rules which is equally possible).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we are allowed a total of more than 5 domestic loans. Blues would count towards this so no more loans (or I don't know the rules which is equally possible).

The rules was no more than four at any one time, hence Blues was signed on a permanent deal to allow Baird to come in.

Emptying Livingstone is the obvious course of action.

I'm almost certain that 5-total rule is now defunct. It definitely was the case until a few seasons ago, but not anymore.

EOho8Pw.png

Pretty sure the OF had more than 5 loanees each a couple of seasons back. Rangers had a game postponed because they had several players on International duty, and they were all loanees!

'A couple of seasons ago' renders this example irrelevant, as does the fact few, if any, of the loans you mention were domestic loans.

Tumilty’s starting for Dumbarton today. Absolutely no update from the club as per usual, but you’d assume this means his loan has been extended?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Tumilty’s starting for Dumbarton today. Absolutely no update from the club as per usual, but you’d assume this means his loan has been extended?

Expires on Monday, Baird’s expires on the 16th (according to the Tele guy on Twitter)

He should absolutely be getting recalled with Welsh out.

So what do we need in the window to give us the best chance of staying up or even challenging for top four?

For me it looks like we need a new spine to the team -

Competent GK, CB, CM & CF. Our wide players are competent enough at this level. We also need to offload the several who have proved incompetent.

Can you explain your response more fully?

The rules have changed, as discussed above, and the limits apply to loans within the SPFL. There are no limits to loans from other countries, including England, where most, if not all, of the Old Firm loans would have come from.

So what do we need in the window to give us the best chance of staying up or even challenging for top four?

For me it looks like we need a new spine to the team -

Competent GK, CB, CM & CF. Our wide players are competent enough at this level. We also need to offload the several who have proved incompetent.

In what way is Danny Rogers not a ‘competent’ Championship level goalkeeper? Be extremely specific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In what way is Danny Rogers not a ‘competent’ Championship level goalkeeper? Be extremely specific.

He is competent but we only have him on loan. Can you not put your mind to my overall point rather than your specific focus on something you have pinpointed as me getting something wrong and you satisfying your over inflated ego. 

Answer the fucking question for once if you can!

He is competent but we only have him on loan. Can you not put your mind to my overall point rather than your specific focus on something you have pinpointed as me getting something wrong and you satisfying your over inflated ego.

You asked what we needed in the window, precious. A new goalkeeper is not on the list because the one we have is good enough.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

How's the hangover? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived