Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 116 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

It should be remembered that Queen's Park at the moment are an anomaly at League Two level, having decided to go professional as well as having received a £5 million windfall from the SFA/Willie Haughey/Tom Hunter.

Grant, I accept is utter shite, but Tidser would be going to a relatively generous pay packet, probably more than we could afford given their current financial position.

And seeing as he is now firmly a card carrying mercenary, it's almost inevitable.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Celtic are genuinely recalling a player because they’re unhappy with what we’re doing with him then that hardly bode well for our chances of getting proper loanees in the future. The bigger issue is that instead of focusing our efforts on adding quality further up the park and accepting a mediocre set of options at the back, we now need to find two replacements as well as conclude other business before the month is out. The logic behind all this is mystifying at this moment.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McLean has been decent the last few games.

Aye cos displaying the pace and turning circle of an oil supertanker for May’s goal last week was just terrific.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Decent and terrific are not the same thing.

The 3rd goal was shambolic.

McLean also lost Davidson for the 2nd goal which killed the tie. Hardly a decent contribution.

Hopefully we can find a replacement for Grant allowing McLean to return to the bench.

The 3rd goal was shambolic.

McLean also lost Davidson for the 2nd goal which killed the tie. Hardly a decent contribution.

Hopefully we can find a replacement for Grant allowing McLean to return to the bench.

I was about to say the same thing about the 2nd goal last week.

And the week before, against Dunfermline, he was really poor as he was turned for the opening goal.

I really don't think that his contributions have been decent in the last couple of weeks.

McLean should only be getting as far as the bench. If he is to be a starter for us we are in for a long 2nd half to the season. Plus he is the only player I’ve seen for us who is slower than Ross Forbes.

McLean actually had a very good game today but the reason for that was straightforward: we were camped on our 18 yard box leaving little space in behind. When we want to press higher up the park to take the game to opponents though we will be left either with a huge gap between a deep defence to suit McLean and the midfield, or become vulnerable to piss easy balls over the top against him like what happened for the third goal last week. It’s fine to have an option to just defend your penalty box on the bench at this level but we can’t continue with him as a starter.

Tidser apparently left Falkirk to pursue career outside of football abroad.

Didn’t know punting Herbalife had an international element to it tbh. Hope he fails and goes bankrupt regardless though.

Archived