Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 119 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s actually frightening

It's the way he just lets it bounce off his head, like a fives player who's thinking about the pub, that seals it for me. This guy has cult hero written all over him.

EOho8Pw.png

As ever people will say that you have to give him a chance in a Morton top etc etc (yes, everyone knows that, no one is going to boo him onto the park) but it’s rare that someone who is so widely derided by fans of a previous club turns out to be any good, especially when we’re talking about a 26 year old rather than someone younger. There are obviously a massive number of football fans who don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, but when you get close to unanimity on a player being hopeless there’s usually some substance to it.

The only thing to cling to here is hoping he’s less error prone than McLean, which isn’t out of the question despite his previous performances against us and the reviews from Partick fans. Hopefully that’s not us done for centre backs anyway having lost two defenders.

Looking forward to being told the reaction to the signing on here is just so typical of Morton fans being the worst in the country and the negativity needs to stop because this is why no players want to sign for us, when Partick fans have been calling him all sorts and begging their club to release him on forums and social media all season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I very much hope we’re stashing money to make a proper central defensive signing because so far in this window we’ve downgraded in that position to an alarming extent.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I very much hope we’re stashing money to make a proper central defensive signing because so far in this window we’ve downgraded in that position to an alarming extent.

We've got rid of Peter Grant, perennial kicker of fresh air, and Steven Welsh has gone back to Celtic having spent most of his time with us trying to be a RB.  We still have Baird and Mclean, and we've brought in some nonentity from Partick.  Looks to me as if we've just rotated some duds to end up pretty much where we started (which is deeply unsatisfactory but at least might be no worse than we've had to put up with so far).  Mind you if you want to see some poor central defending, look for Alloa's first goal against Queen of the South on Saturday (it's on Youtube I think).  Makes Peter Grant's mis-kicks look like Pique at his best.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

We're nearly in February and still don't have a settled back four. I understand defenders are at a premium, especially during the January transfer window, but can't help thinking that Hoppy pissed about in the first few weeks after his appointment, and only started panic-signing defenders at the last minute.

We've got rid of Peter Grant, perennial kicker of fresh air, and Steven Welsh has gone back to Celtic having spent most of his time with us trying to be a RB. We still have Baird and Mclean, and we've brought in some nonentity from Partick. Looks to me as if we've just rotated some duds to end up pretty much where we started (which is deeply unsatisfactory but at least might be no worse than we've had to put up with so far). Mind you if you want to see some poor central defending, look for Alloa's first goal against Queen of the South on Saturday (it's on Youtube I think). Makes Peter Grant's mis-kicks look like Pique at his best.

We’re down one centre back option in terms of squad depth and have replaced two that were of equal competency to our current starters for a player deemed not even remotely good enough by the worst team in the division - and with sound evidence for that conclusion. That’s quite simply not ‘back where we started’ unless the starting point in question is ‘August, fielding donkeys like Henk van Scheik’.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

"We would like to extend our thanks again to the board of directors and members of Morton Club Together for their backing"

That's a really odd thing to write on statement regarding a signing.

Did you read that as the Morton board rather than the MCT board as it was I tended?

Craig McGuffie signs an 18 month deal after his release from Ayr

Comments night and day on P&B compared to the McGinty signing. Plenty of positive comments. Bags of potential just needs a run of games.

One said there's not much between him and Cadden. Not sure I quite believe that but positive all the same.

Archived