Johansson's Future - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 win from his last 10 games. 2 wins since 22nd September. Most goals conceded and least scored in the league. A career win-rate of 24%.

He's managing in the top league with meagre resources and has kept them up. Of course his win rate will be low. He's always managed to turn it round.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

He's managing in the top league with meagre resources and has kept them up. Of course his win rate will be low. He's always managed to turn it round.

If Hej's stats don't do it then just speak to a few Accies fans. Its not like he inherited crap from Alex Neil - Neil had them playing good stuff.

Win ratios, taken out of context, are amongst the most pointless comparators in football. I blame Sky Sports.

24 points from his last 40 league games. There's a long term downward trend there. 

Finished 3rd (behind Airdrie) in their League Cup group. 

His Scottish cup highlights include a 4-1 defeat at Annan in 2016. 

I understand the argument that he has helped them avoid relegation (against the odds). In light of that you have to say that he could have done worse, but there's an awful lot which is very much unimpressive. It's not the job of a club to say that things could be worse, it's their job to try to be the best they can possibly be. 

It’s undeniable that several managers could have taken Hamilton down and Canning hasn’t, but the idea that this makes him some kind of miracle worker is a massive stretch. They were level on points with Celtic in the January he took over from Alex Neil - that was working a miracle and he contrived to take them to the bottom six that season with only 3 wins in the 18 games he was in charge.

Not being as good as Ales Neil obviously doesn’t mean not being good at all, but he’s made  them poorer and poorer  every season. The notion that Hamilton fans are merely guilty of entitled whining when they’ve only won 5 of their last 34 games is wild. He’s been given far more time to improve such an appalling run than the vast majority of managers would get and has only finally gone after a run of one draw and seven defeats in the last eight.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You have to take fans reactions towards their clubs manager with a pinch of salt as only a small percentage of clubs will have fans that are happy, however when there's a deep disliking of a manager despite there being statistics in their favour then you really need to trust the people who see the team play every week as they will be the ones who see how terrible the football is and how demoralised the fan base is.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Also, even if you recognise that Alex Neil levels of overachievement couldn’t be sustained, the season Livingston are having makes a mockery of the idea that what Canning was giving Hamilton was as good as it could get for them. 16 points between them, why shoildn’t Hamilton fans ask why they can’t have a manager doing even half as well as Gary Holt? There’s nothing unrealistic about that.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Also, even if you recognise that Alex Neil levels of overachievement couldn’t be sustained, the season Livingston are having makes a mockery of the idea that what Canning was giving Hamilton was as good as it could get for them. 16 points between them, why shoildn’t Hamilton fans ask why they can’t have a manager doing even half as well as Gary Holt? There’s nothing unrealistic about that.

Exactly this. It’s no different to people going “What a job Jim Duffy’s done at Morton, how could they sack him?” whilst Livi & St Mirren go into the Premiership. Canning isn’t the worst manager, but they’ve shown they can do better and have every right in attempting to.

More than a few parallels can be drawn between Hamilton and their ultimate goal of treading water with a loser mentality while others sail past them and Morton's version of the same thing.

At least Hamilton actually had it in them to get up there before locking that in.

Hamilton saying they will go for a boss who tries to bring a bit of flair, tries to win matches as opposed to trying to not lose.

Take note Morton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47057309

Watched that open goal Maurice Ross was on it he came across very good I know he's just took Motherwell reserve/boys but will be interested to see how he gets on

I watched it and thought he came across as an utter bellend.

Archived