Johansson's Future - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

I agree, starting from Saturday JJ will have around 5 of his own signings in the team, so I say let’s see how he does over the next few games. To start his first managerial role in the difficult circumstances he inherited must have been difficult with such an unbalanced squad of players, through none of his own making. No natural full backs, wingers or strikers. I’m for cutting him some slack to see how his own selections do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I believe a word he says, to be honest.

He's on again about lowering the age of the squad which is absurd, and quite tellingly Millar was just yesterday in the paper telling us he's in great shape.

The only 2 players in the squad over 30 are Millar and McAlister. I don't believe for a minute that the board instructed him to lower the age of the squad when he was hired.

AWMSC

These comments don't entirely make sense. People not understanding that 3 years means 3 years not 1 year.

Why would you be tasked with cost cutting if you're gunning for the premier?

Plan is to give youth a chance, according to JJ in today's paper. That doesnt win you titles. Let's face it; its down the shitter

TIME FOR CHANGE!

8/8/8 worked so well the first time.

Irons wasn't it?

It was crap.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Tbh at least he's honest and admits what he's been asked to do. The blame doesn't lie entirely at his door.

3 year plan down the s***ter in the first season..

Depends on how much you take his word for it, but personally I think he's full of s***e.

If you read Hawke's testimony in the tribunal, he suggests that McKinnon may have cost us signings in the last week of August, and definitely the Rudden deal. If we assume that Hawke isn't fabricating evidence, then we can assume that there was scope for another couple of additions before the window closed, so I really find it hard to believe that two weeks later, a new manager has been given a two year deal - a luxury not afforded his predecessor three months earlier - with the remit that he has to cut the size of the squad and the reduce the age of it.

Unless something really, really bad happened that's caused such a significant change in approach - and, you'd have to assume, also led McKinnon to instruct his agent to find him a new club - then my money is on Johansson talking absolute nonsense.

He's come into the club with absolutely none of the skills or knowledge that a manager needs, he's got no knowledge apart from the typical Old Firm "they're all diddy teams" ignorance  of this level, he's made a **** of it from the start and in his arrogance he's decided that the 5-1 hammerings were because the players at this level can't really do much other than get behind the ball and hope for the best. It hasn't occurred to him that he's the problem, he's just decided everybody else is and that wee boys from bigger clubs will fix things just by their presence because all the teams here are just hoping for the best.

**** him.

AWMSC

Tbh at least he's honest and admits what he's been asked to do. The blame doesn't lie entirely at his door.

3 year plan down the s***ter in the first season..

Bollocks: he's an utterly dishonest charlatan. Who in his latest installment of excuses today is trying to link his remit of 'bringing through younger players' to the outcome of 'playing five at the back and getting horsed by East Fife in the Scottish Cup'. The board didn't force him to do that. The board also didn't force him to drop Michael Tidser to the bench; nor did they force him to sign Dylan ****ing Dykes for a position that we already had well covered; nor add two more goalkeepers in the transfer window while failing to sign any defenders, then complaining about his lack of solid defensive options as soon as the window shut and his team played like an absolute rabble yet again. 

Until recently I've been against Johansson for the sole reason that he is out of his depth in the job. But given his now routine attempts to insult the intelligence of the fanbase and trying to pit the fans against the big bad board to save his own useless skin, I've now concluded that he'll turn out as much of a cancer to this club as his ultimate mentor in failure and crap excuses, Jim McInally. 

Get him out. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Irons wasn't it?

It was crap.

Erm no, that was Moore's final season. But given that you also blamed David Irons for 'deliberately injuring Kevin Finlayson' and 'ruining Colin Stewart's confidence' (despite Stewart getting the club POTY and then proving a flapping liability fully two years after Irons left the club), it's hardly surprising to see you peddling this revisionist nonsense as well. 

Perhaps you should make another tragic spreadsheet to cover the basic facts of the last fifteen years. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I don't know why the BoD is letting Johansson continually air dirty laundry in public, btw. If there's some budgetary stuff going on it's up to the board to announce it, not the first team manager. This also means the BoD has a duty to update the fans if there's a change to the three-year plan, of course. It doesn't sit right with me. Either they're letting JJ flap his gums about this with impunity, or they're sending him out to be the messenger. Neither is right.

EOho8Pw.png

The medium to long term direction of the club is a valid concern, but it is an entirely separate issue from the clear and obvious mismanagement of the first team squad right now. People have to realise that there is no limit to the number and type of excuses that this clown will offer to cover his own failures; the sooner that we automatically file his mewling in the bin, the better.

Archived