The Famous v Partick - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Partick

vikingTON

Haven’t enjoyed a game so much for a long long time. Iredale’s been a real find and thought thar Waddell was superb again, hope we can hang on to him beyond January if not on on permanent deal.

Half expected Iredale to be dancing the slosh on the way off.

Edit to add

As someone who was against the drum I thought it was great today, saw a number of folk, some even older than me! Bouncing along. Well done

Cheers mate. Comments like that about the drum make it all worthwhile

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidser's not going anywhere IMO. Based on previous interviews he seems happy to be back in the area and playing for this club - and given the six months when we re-signed him and couldn't actually play him, there's probably some goodwill on the player's part. 

The chances of him snaking us like his former partner Bachirou are minimal. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He ****ing better. I want him to stay for a testimonial. Include his previous spell. Even if he's short of 10 years give him one anyway.

Morton legend.

Meaning this in the kindest way, I think being a great player for Morton is where Tidser should be and it'd be a mistake for him to leave.

At Morton he's the main guy, the team gets set up to get the best from him and allow him to focus on his strengths and cover his weaknesses; if he went up a level it's unlikely a team would revolve round him and his less good aspects would come to the fore. That's not to say he isn't capable of playing there, but I feel like he'd need to go up with us to really excel. Even at another Championship team probably wouldn't give him the security and platform we do.

Again, that's in absolutely no way a criticism or to suggest he's a big fish in a small pond. Far from it, but sometimes players are just in the right place and it feels like that's how it is with Tidser.

You can tell just by watching him how much he loves his football here and he must know how much we love him having him.

AWMSC

Meaning this in the kindest way, I think being a great player for Morton is where Tidser should be and it'd be a mistake for him to leave.

At Morton he's the main guy, the team gets set up to get the best from him and allow him to focus on his strengths and cover his weaknesses; if he went up a level it's unlikely a team would revolve round him and his less good aspects would come to the fore. That's not to say he isn't capable of playing there, but I feel like he'd need to go up with us to really excel. Even at another Championship team probably wouldn't give him the security and platform we do.

Again, that's in absolutely no way a criticism or to suggest he's a big fish in a small pond. Far from it, but sometimes players are just in the right place and it feels like that's how it is with Tidser.

You can tell just by watching him how much he loves his football here and he must know how much we love him having him.

I’d love him to stay for life, but if he gets a better offer money talks.

On a similar note, the big success so far under Johansson has been his handling of McHugh, and McHugh himself.

At the start of the season there were games in which he was invisible, yet there was still a sensation that he had something about him even if you couldn't see it. It can't be easy for a forward getting dropped but he's kept his head up, seems to be a really positive character to have around and has more than earned his goals in recent weeks.

It's genuinely pleasing to see a player get his rewards for plugging away and never giving up. You can tell the manager really likes him and that belief has clearly had a big impact on him.

AWMSC

Kenny Crawford of BBC described Tidser's shot for the goal of as 'speculative'. Everyone in the Cowshed could see it was totally clinical?

Tidser just oozes class and it's hard for anyone else to beat him to MotM.

Today there were no failures but special mention to Iredale, McAlister, Telfer and of course McHugh.

People have mentioned the age of our midfield but McAlister still has a fantastic energy and workrate and Tidser was everywhere.

Thistle were poor but we looked really good at times and the formation worked well for us.

Great result.

I think it’s worth saying that Iredale’s performance also showed some real strength of character. He made an error that lead to the corner and ultimately the opener for Thistle. He had another couple of shaky moments afterwards too, but he didn’t shy away or let his head go down. He got stuck in, showed for the ball and took on their defence all afternoon and made a big contribution to a very good overall team performance.

Great to see a confident win, after looking very shaky at the start - good to see Oliver score at last, a fantastic ball in from Iredale. McHugh is becoming an actual striker, confidence must be up after a few goals recently. Tidser had his poorest opening 15 minutes of the season today, but ended up completely controlling the midfield... class act when on form.

Two wins in a week without Chris Millar (just saying). Today we moved the ball more positively than we have all season i.e. not slowly/going backwards all the time

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

That was lovely - great to see us going at a very dodgy defence.

We started quite slowly and little happened before the opening goal other than Tidser wasting a couple of free kicks. We eventually settled and Iredale proceeded to own their right back to get us ahead. Once the 3rd went in (I'd need to see it again but for me the keeper made an arse of it), I felt the points were safe. Very well taken 4th goal and outrageous from Tidser for the 5th. We then seemed to take our foot off for the rest of the game and let Thistle pass it about aimlessly, other than the couple of chances we had in stoppage time. Quitongo was a stick-on for a booking until he got subbed.

After last week's horsing we've had a great reaction and two badly needed wins  - hard to believe we're sitting in the play-off places at the moment.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Great to see a confident win, after looking very shaky at the start - good to see Oliver score at last, a fantastic ball in from Iredale. McHugh is becoming an actual striker, confidence must be up after a few goals recently. Tidser had his poorest opening 15 minutes of the season today, but ended up completely controlling the midfield... class act when on form.

Two wins in a week without Chris Millar (just saying). Today we moved the ball more positively than we have all season i.e. not slowly/going backwards all the time

Bob McHugh has made a career doing what hes doing of late. Stop talking pish

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Oh for ****s sakes. Dr Z now having a pop at Millar :lol:

It's all part of his edgy, counter-cultural 'alternative viewpoint' that jakey loser cornbeef insists that we all must respect for some Grants-addled, incoherent reasons. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Ive no doubt the snake will try and convince Tidser to join him at Falkirk as he absolutely loved him during his time here!

No doubt Falkirk will be able to offer a decent wage but fully expect Tidser to tell him where to go...

Unfortunately money talks and if he continues to play the way he is, he will have multiple offers on the table and we will do very well to hold onto him.

Offer a 3 year deal now Crawford!

Ive no doubt the snake will try and convince Tidser to join him at Falkirk as he absolutely loved him during his time here!

No doubt Falkirk will be able to offer a decent wage but fully expect Tidser to tell him where to go...

Unfortunately money talks and if he continues to play the way he is, he will have multiple offers on the table and we will do very well to hold onto him.

Offer a 3 year deal now Crawford!

Surely going by the conspiracy theorists it should be - Offer a 3 year deal now Easdales!

It was that good a strike the lights blew. What a strike. Great game, and we’ve found our formation now which is good.

McAlister was excellent today, best game since his return. When injuries clear up and we strengthen in Jan then things will be looking better too.

Archived