The Famous v Partick - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Partick

vikingTON

Haven’t enjoyed a game so much for a long long time. Iredale’s been a real find and thought thar Waddell was superb again, hope we can hang on to him beyond January if not on on permanent deal.

Half expected Iredale to be dancing the slosh on the way off.

Edit to add

As someone who was against the drum I thought it was great today, saw a number of folk, some even older than me! Bouncing along. Well done

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was glorious. Every Morton player gave absolutely everything and the counter attacking style seems to really suit us. Iredale and Telfer running with the ball gives us something extra. Great to see a pre-injuries Lee Kilday on the park as well.

Partick are a rabble. They went into a blind panic every time they lost the ball in the middle 3rd of the game.

Haven’t enjoyed a game so much for a long long time. Iredale’s been a real find and thought thar Waddell was superb again, hope we can hang on to him beyond January if not on on permanent deal.

Half expected Iredale to be dancing the slosh on the way off.

Edit to add

As someone who was against the drum I thought it was great today, saw a number of folk, some even older than me! Bouncing along. Well done

Nice to put the west end luvvies to the sword

Even just the vision from Tidser to see that gap never mind attempting a volley from there, utterly sublime. What a player.

When the MotM poll comes up I'll be flipping a coin between him and Jack Iredale who was sensational today.

Hope the people wanting JJ bagged after a few games are happy with the way he's put out fires after the Ross County and Ayr games. Well done that man.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That was one of the best afternoons I've spent at Cappielow in a long time. Really can't beat a horsing of a team who believe they are better than they actually are. Some seriously deluded Jags fans on the train after match saying, "We're losing that  badly to a team like Morton" Bring on Firhill at the end of December!

After a rotten start we really got going after the equaliser. I have to agree with others that we clocked just how poor Partick were at the back and absolutely exploited that to perfection. Tidser's goal in particular was glorious! He absolutely belongs at  Morton and I think he could easily be a guy that sticks with us for years to come, I truly hope so. Bob McHugh was exceptional.

After being a little apprehensive about the appointment of Johannson, I'm all in. Let's see how far we can go. McKinnon leaving already looks like a blessing. The guy has taken a bit of time to work out how to set the team up, but following on from Tuesday I think this system suits us.

It's always easy to get carried away supporting us after a few positive results, but I'd love to see us defeating Alloa next week and then, down at Somerset in a fortnight, really making a statement against Ayr about our ambitions.

C'mon the Ton!

Edit to add: Stood near the drum the second half, what a fantastic atmosphere that created. Really added to enjoyment of what was a magnificent half of football. All the more satisfying with the silence coming from the Partick fans in far end of Shed having to suffer their team getting battered.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Tidser’s goal was superb, McHugh deserved a hat trick, was a good all round team performance, although Gaston still gives me the fear.

The Partick fan having a meltdown was comedy gold.

And the drum isn’t half as bad as I thought it would be.

It's always easy to get carried away supporting us after a few positive results but I'd love to see us defeating Allow next week and really making a statement against Ayr about our ambitions.

To add just a slight note of caution, we're still going to need to take today's form into those two games to build a properly solid foundation, but we've given ourselves a great chance of doing so and finally look like we've got the structure in place to push on.

Also, fun fact: Morton scored as many goals today as Jai Quitongo has managed in the league in his career. Enjoy yer big move, ya diddy.

AWMSC

Tidser’s goal was superb, McHugh deserved a hat trick, was a good all round team performance, although Gaston still gives me the fear.

The Partick fan having a meltdown was comedy gold.

And the drum isn’t half as bad as I thought it would be.

I still think we look more solid as team with Gaston than Scully although he did make a couple of mistakes. He's quicker off his line to clear through balls so the defence don't seem to sit as deep.

Anyway, great performance and credit to McHugh and Oliver up top who didn't give their defence a minutes peace. McHugh's second where he just kept working then finished nicely summed up our performance for me.

Tidser's quality is just something we need to enjoy while we can. Not many players have the vision or ability to pull that off. It wasn't even that surprising because he's got that in his locker.

Hope the people wanting JJ bagged after a few games are happy with the way he's put out fires after the Ross County and Ayr games. Well done that man.

Yes, very much so. There's a long way to go but I think he's got the formation right now and that's a huge step forward. There's no arguing with the last two results, both excellent. Onwards and upwards.

EOho8Pw.png

To add just a slight note of caution, we're still going to need to take today's form into those two games to build a properly solid foundation, but we've given ourselves a great chance of doing so and finally look like we've got the structure in place to push on.

Also, fun fact: Morton scored as many goals today as Jai Quitongo has managed in the league in his career. Enjoy yer big move, ya diddy.

Quitongo didn't say the kind of stuff O'Ware did so I don't mind him as much. Turned and clapped the cowshed when going off as well after getting stuck so fair play to him.

Looks like his injuries have ruined any promise he had though.

Regarding Quitongo, I gotta admit I was a bit dubious and a bit worried about him starting and was dreading him scoring, but after 5minutes they vanished as I realised he’s not that good a player and Thistle are very poor team.

Michael Tidser is an absolute gift from the footballing gods, the whole team played well today.. that was as good a display I have seen from us in a long long time, difficult decision to get a motm but it could have went to s few different players and I’m delighted for Iredale getting it

Wonder if Tidser will renew his contract?

He fucking better. I want him to stay for a testimonial. Include his previous spell. Even if he's short of 10 years give him one anyway.

Morton legend.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived