The Famous v Partick - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Partick

vikingTON

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Score IN WORDS on the videprinter please.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Last weekend's result left us all feeling despondent however the past two results have been great. Is this the start of an amazing run for us?

We’ve certainly found our best formation which is a big step on the way to consistently good results. The award-winning fact-based analysis of yours truly of course called for this change months ago, but JJ has eventually implemented what King Snake did not.

Six points from a fairly tough start to the second quarter is a good return.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We’ve certainly found our best formation which is a big step on the way to consistently good results. The award-winning fact-based analysis of yours truly of course called for this change months ago, but JJ has eventually implemented what King Snake did not.

Six points from a fairly tough start to the second quarter is a good return.

Have you ever thought about taking up coaching or offering your award winning fact based asparagus to professional football teams. You could be the new Cathro guy if you did.

*insert signature here*

Just imagine how many we’d be putting past that rabble with a fit Johnstone available. It’s been a mixed start to the campaign but for us to be in the playoffs without our marquee signing up front playing a single game match fit for us yet is really good going. Queen of the South have had their gormless ‘top scorer in Europe’ fit all season and are still trailing in our Glorious Wake.

Just imagine how many we’d be putting past that rabble with a fit Johnstone available. It’s been a mixed start to the campaign but for us to be in the playoffs without our marquee signing up front playing a single game match fit for us yet is really good going. Queen of the South have had their gormless ‘top scorer in Europe’ fit all season and are still trailing in our Glorious Wake.

He left around nine years ago.

*insert signature here*

Have you ever thought about taking up coaching or offering your award winning fact based asparagus to professional football teams. You could be the new Cathro guy if you did.

Scottish football is notoriously hostile to non ‘fitbaw men’ - which is why the likes of Gary Caldwell and Barry Ferguson get jobs and regular media touts despite being proven failures as managers. Cathro meanwhile is permanently damaged goods for not being able to get a team of hammer-throwers signed by Craig Levein play like a Craig Levein side.

Fucking fantastic. Took a while to get going but once the first went in we didn't look back. Every player played well and have 100%. Iredale was tremendous going forward in the first half. Ball in for the first was something special. Credit to McHugh as well. He took both of his goals well and was unlucky to have a 3rd. Best performance of the season. Could mention every single player but special menu for the midfield three of these, McAlister and Telfer who were excellent.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

That was fantastic.

Don't think it'd be unfair or exaggerating to say that Johansson's future was riding on Tuesday night's game and today's and failing to deliver could well have saw him on the way out...but bloody hell, he's not half delivered.

The first 15 minutes or so were pretty rubbish right enough with more than few dodgy individual perfomances but it seemed like we quite quickly clocked just how bad Partick are at the back and from them on were utterly relentless in pressing the pall and getting it forward quickly. It's not often you'll see a team be so aggressive so early in the game, but we smelt blood, went for the kill and got our just rewards.

The whole team (and gaffer) were good, but you need to give special credit to McHugh who richly deserved his goals and was unlucky not to get his third at the end. I'd also single out Telfer, good on the ball, inventive and puts a power of work in: wouldn't be unreasonable to say he was at the heart of a lot of our pressing.

Also, Tidser's goal was beautiful. The vision to see it, the composure and technique to score were top drawer, there's probably not another player in the league (and not many in Scotland) who'd have scored that. What a player.

AWMSC

Archived