Takeover Rumours - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Crawford is looking for a quick exit?

Likely IMO. Clearing the decks ahead of sale by writing off the debt. The club were never going to be able to pay it back anyway.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Someone told me that Crawford told staff at Golden Gasket that he's selling the club.

Not sure how true that is as don't see why you'd announce it to them before it's been finalised and at least close to being publicised.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Always suspected that when Crawford spoke of wanting to reach the top flight for his dad and handing out one year deals that there was an element of having one last crack while he was still alive (which sounds horribly callous, but isn't meant to be...) and then move the club on after that time if it didn't come off.

When Dougie stepped down the initial reaction was that it was ill-health and/or the first step of a takeover process, so between that and the above (one year deals seems somewhat odd in a three year plan) it wouldn't suprise me  if we seen the Easdales (or whoever) coming in in the summer either as owners or prominent board positions or something as a transition.  There's been enough hints from Crawford along the way, e.g "always open to investment", "for sale if the right bid comes" etc. when he first took over, then some more explicit comments when the recent newspaper stories appeared.

On that note, I thought it was a bit odd that McKinnon was only given a year deal even though he was building a full squad, changing the club's infrastructure etc whilst Johansson got two years. Perhaps Johansson has the blessing of the new owners? That's pure speculation, right enough, but could be something to it.

AWMSC

Always suspected that when Crawford spoke of wanting to reach the top flight for his dad and handing out one year deals that there was an element of having one last crack while he was still alive (which sounds horribly callous, but isn't meant to be...) and then move the club on after that time if it didn't come off.

When Dougie stepped down the initial reaction was that it was ill-health and/or the first step of a takeover process, so between that and the above (one year deals seems somewhat odd in a three year plan) it wouldn't suprise me if we seen the Easdales (or whoever) coming in in the summer either as owners or prominent board positions or something as a transition. There's been enough hints from Crawford along the way, e.g "always open to investment", "for sale if the right bid comes" etc. when he first took over, then some more explicit comments when the recent newspaper stories appeared.

On that note, I thought it was a bit odd that McKinnon was only given a year deal even though he was building a full squad, changing the club's infrastructure etc whilst Johansson got two years. Perhaps Johansson has the blessing of the new owners? That's pure speculation, right enough, but could be something to it.

I read an interview with Iredale and he said it was a one year deal with it bring two of he played a certain number of games. There might be more to it then just the simple one year deals. Would be a more sensible approach anyway at this level.

I read an interview with Iredale and he said it was a one year deal with it bring two of he played a certain number of games. There might be more to it then just the simple one year deals. Would be a more sensible approach anyway at this level.

Aye, could be. I don't actually object to one year deals as such, but at the same time if you're talking about a three year plan then you'd think that you'd want a few players in there as your mainstays on longer deals. 

AWMSC

I was down in Brighton when there was a match on and if you showed your ticket on the local transport networks, you got free transport to the game on match day.

Could be a good incentive for us, especially with Sandy owning McGill's. Might encourage a few more folk on a wet afternoon if they think is it worth £5 return on the bus or what ever it may be these days.

I was down in Brighton when there was a match on and if you showed your ticket on the local transport networks, you got free transport to the game on match day.

Could be a good incentive for us, especially with Sandy owning McGill's. Might encourage a few more folk on a wet afternoon if they think is it worth £5 return on the bus or what ever it may be these days.

The obvious flaw being that you need a ticket for the game to get on the bus.

Show Season book, pre bought ticket, ticket on app and like the above, relationship with Smiths.

We should lump the mobile shop somewhere in the town between 9am and 1pm each match day. Sell tickets and merchandise.

Show Season book, pre bought ticket, ticket on app and like the above, relationship with Smiths.

We should lump the mobile shop somewhere in the town between 9am and 1pm each match day. Sell tickets and merchandise.

You get free travel across the entire region of Germany where the game is on international match days with your ticket. It's definitely worthy of consideration, even half price to and from Cappielow would be decent.

On the subject of the mobile shop, surely the club has at least investigated the possibility of a stall in the middle of the Oak Mall. Smiths have made an arse of the merchandising at every turn, if there hasn't been an evaluation of other options it's a big failing.

AWMSC

You get free travel across the entire region of Germany where the game is on international match days with your ticket. It's definitely worthy of consideration, even half price to and from Cappielow would be decent.

On the subject of the mobile shop, surely the club has at least investigated the possibility of a stall in the middle of the Oak Mall. Smiths have made an arse of the merchandising at every turn, if there hasn't been an evaluation of other options it's a big failing.

Smiths isn't that bad now. They have a full Morton bit when you go into the shop and a window display just for us.

The bit in bold, the free travel is restricted to a specific region and not the whole of Germany. For example, for the last Germany-Scotland game in Dortmund the free travel on DB was restricted to the Nord-Rhein Westfalia region, and was only for DB Regio, S-bahn and U-bahn routes and did not include the ICE high-Speed Trains.

I was staying in Hannover* for that game, which is approximately halfway between Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Bremen and Berlin and had to pay for the train to/from Dortmund.

*If you recall the DFB were arsing everyone with announcing venues and kick-off times, so it was a case of booking up early and taking a punt.

*insert signature here*

Archived