Takeover Rumours - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeder club? Who in their right mind would want Morton as a 'feeder' club when we haven't produced a player to play at the top of level of football in nearly 30 years.

We are hardly at the level of Auxerre in the mid-1990s.

*insert signature here*

Pasting this coz the site will go down

----------

In response to today’s press speculation, we can confirm that Derek Llambias and Graham Carr attended Cappielow with Sandy Easdale on Monday in order to watch our talented youngsters turn out for the reserves in their match against Queen of the South.

We have invested heavily in our youth academy and we can see that really beginning to bear fruit, something that is being recognised across Scottish football and beyond.

While Derek and Graham were at Cappielow, we took the opportunity to give them a tour of the stadium, and they were very impressed with the whole set-up at the club.

To receive interest in our operations from such high calibre individuals within the game suggests that we must be doing something right.

We are always open to dialogue with interested parties who might want to discuss investment, no matter the level, with the sole aim of developing our club further as we aim to realise our maximum potential.

Crawford

EOho8Pw.png

Feeder club? Who in their right mind would want Morton as a 'feeder' club when we haven't produced a player to play at the top of level of football in nearly 30 years.

We are hardly at the level of Auxerre in the mid-1990s.

Other than the club's latest spin there's no reason to think they're interested in Morton because of the club's track record. If they were there to watch their business partner's relative in a kickabout then it's a non-story; if there is any interest in a takeover then it stems entirely from who they know - the Easdales are hardly going to suggest Partick Thistle or some other rabble for investment instead. 

Your argument collapses though on the premise that Newcastle United - the Dundee of English football - would be well-placed to judge the competence of other football clubs. Our record pales in comparison with their basketcase setup, as Kevin Keegan's recently serialised account of his last spell in charge makes clear. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

One thing which may come about as a result is a club sponsorship/merchandising deal similar to several clubs in England have with Sports Direct like Oldham, Sheffield Wednesday etc. Which could only be an improvement on the RC Smiths deal.

As far as I'm aware, Other than the Harry Dunn's they haven't got a club in Scotland which they're partnering with.

*insert signature here*

I spoke to my friend from Newcastle about this, I thought he would laugh at me because I'm always winding him up about Ashley and the shambles that Newcastle is, so I fully expected him to take great pleasure in getting his own back after years.

His words to me were " I wouldn't wish that cancer on any club. Its hard to know how bad this guy is without him owning your club for ten years. The press don't report 90% of the stuff he's done"

Sounds promising!

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I didn't really have time to have a full conversation with him, but I'll ask him tomorrow and see if there's any substance to that statement.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I spoke to my friend from Newcastle about this, I thought he would laugh at me because I'm always winding him up about Ashley and the shambles that Newcastle is, so I fully expected him to take great pleasure in getting his own back after years.

His words to me were " I wouldn't wish that cancer on any club. Its hard to know how bad this guy is without him owning your club for ten years. The press don't report 90% of the stuff he's done"

Sounds promising!

I can’t speak for your mate of course, but what has Ashley actually done to Newcastle? Do the Newcastle fans in general not have ideas above their station?

He hasn’t put them in financial peril, but his crimes seem to me to be taking their profits for himself (which he’s quite entitled to do) rather than investing them in the squad and not letting the fans tell him how he should run his business.

That doesn’t mean I’m in any way supporting a takeover involving the Easdales’ mates like this, but I’d be far more concerned with what Ashley was doing to Rangers than to Newcastle if it wasn’t for the GIRFUY factor.

I can’t speak for your mate of course, but what has Ashley actually done to Newcastle? Do the Newcastle fans in general not have ideas above their station?

He hasn’t put them in financial peril, but his crimes seem to me to be taking their profits for himself (which he’s quite entitled to do) rather than investing them in the squad and not letting the fans tell him how he should run his business.

That doesn’t mean I’m in any way supporting a takeover involving the Easdales’ mates like this, but I’d be far more concerned with what Ashley was doing to Rangers than to Newcastle if it wasn’t for the GIRFUY factor.

I've always kind of thought the same but the level of sheer hatred Newcastle fans have towards him means there's probably more to it than meets the eye. Legends like keegan and shearer wouldn't hate him because he's making a profit for themselves, and they've both worked under him.

The Xisco and Gonzalez deals are obviously one that's gotten out in the press, but who knows how many other dodgy things have went on that arent widely known in the public.

There's so many occasions in football where opposing fans on the outside see things one way and don't see why a clubs fans feel that way about a manager/owner etc but the fans of the club who are entrenched in what goes on at the club know what is really happening.

32.gif

Sounds promising!

Lets be honest, Ashley will never in a million years own Morton or sit in the Directors box so I wouldn't worry about it. His name is very loosely linked because of his link to others who are then linked to Easdale.

Does a guy who is worth 4billion really give a feck about a club in Scotland who struggle to draw 2k a week and in general make a loss year on year.

This is all about Easdale for me.

They have been relegated twice in his time there, and it'll be three sooner or later if he hangs around. I think it's especially the lots of little things (being patronising towards fans and staff, not particularly caring, falling out with highly regarded Newcastle players/mangers, etc) which all come back to the main problem: he runs Newcastle United for the success of Sports Direct and himself, not for the success of Newcastle United. I know this means that he hasn't stretched them beyond their means, but they know their owner isn't terribly bothered if they win a trophy or get relegated, as long as they keep plodding along.

It would be like us keeping Jim Duffy as manager for a decade or more, even if he relegated us a couple of times, because he would see us float back up each time without financial disaster. And add in him surrounding himself with his mates (who are mostly not very nice) and him being a bit of a tool himself, and things will get toxic quickly.

Bottom line is that fans hate it when they know the owner doesn't care if the club is successful but only that the club continues to float around a financially viable level.

Lets be honest, Ashley will never in a million years own Morton or sit in the Directors box so I wouldn't worry about it. His name is very loosely linked because of his link to others who are then linked to Easdale.

Does a guy who is worth 4billion really give a feck about a club in Scotland who struggle to draw 2k a week and in general make a loss year on year.

This is all about Easdale for me.

Yup!

Easdales will own Morton and th rest will turn out to be shite.

Carr and the other guy likely don’t give two fucks about Morton and likely never heard of us or paid any attention.

Easdales are coming in and Carawford is not saying club is not for sale.

Easdales will own Morton and th rest will turn out to be s***e.

Carr and the other guy likely don’t give two ****s about Morton and likely never heard of us or paid any attention.

Easdales are coming in and Carawford is not saying club is not for sale.

I agree that this is by far the most likely scenario. But it's not the only scenario.

EOho8Pw.png

Daily record put a new article up. Hilarious to read shout the Falkirk game on sat.

Meanwhile, Police Scotland have been put on high alert as Ray McKinnon prepares to return to Cappielow.

0:00

0:51

Worried Falkirk bosses are set to heighten security around their manager as he heads to Morton for the first time since quitting in August.

Bairns fans will travel with security guards as alternative routes are considered for the team bus.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived