Takeover Rumours - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Takeover Rumours

BishopBrennan

What ****ing alternative route? Are they going to go through Gibshill?

Nobody tell Police Scotland but that's not going to save them from the trebuchet the casuals are setting up at Langbank.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, Police Scotland have been put on high alert as Ray McKinnon prepares to return to Cappielow.

0:00

0:51

Worried Falkirk bosses are set to heighten security around their manager as he heads to Morton for the first time since quitting in August.

Bairns fans will travel with security guards as alternative routes are considered for the team bus.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, good luck with diverting the coach along Lilybank Road and Weir Street :lol:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Easdales will buy the club. We all know that.

Chances are they took along the two goons mentioned to pimp our Zander to a club down south and the papers getting all sweaty over it.

Exactly my reading if it.

- Carr has been brought along to help out with a move for Easdale Jr.

- The Easdales are interested in buying the club in the short to medium term.

- The Easdales now own a large amount of land near the stadium. Any benefit to Morton could be used as the selling point/community benefit in a planning application for whatever the long-term goal is here. The likes of Llambias would be more likely to get involved in that sort of thing than with a club the size of Morton.

Very hard for me to see anything positive about any of this.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Is the boy Zander any good? Never really heard his name being mentioned as one of the prospects coming through.

This apparent high profile English scout likes him a lot though, so he must be fecking brilliant!

Kind of feel for the boy. There has been a lot of chat/attention on him in recent months with this and previously the idea of he had to play because who he was and people leaving because of it etc etc. I'm sure he just wants to play football.

Is the boy Zander any good? Never really heard his name being mentioned as one of the prospects coming through.

This apparent high profile English scout likes him a lot though, so he must be fecking brilliant!

Kind of feel for the boy. There has been a lot of chat/attention on him in recent months with this and previously the idea of he had to play because who he was and people leaving because of it etc etc. I'm sure he just wants to play football.

He came to us from Aberdeen. I would

Have looked to have put him out on loan.

They managed to make it look like we lost £2m last year, some bants.

Fucking tabloids.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I can’t speak for your mate of course, but what has Ashley actually done to Newcastle? Do the Newcastle fans in general not have ideas above their station?

He hasn’t put them in financial peril, but his crimes seem to me to be taking their profits for himself (which he’s quite entitled to do) rather than investing them in the squad and not letting the fans tell him how he should run his business.

That doesn’t mean I’m in any way supporting a takeover involving the Easdales’ mates like this, but I’d be far more concerned with what Ashley was doing to Rangers than to Newcastle if it wasn’t for the GIRFUY factor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45678196

This video gives the perspective of some Newcastle fans re: Ashley.

I just remembered watching it a few weeks ago and thinking there was stuff in there I never knew was going on.

Mike Ashley is not going to buy Morton, be involved in Morton or give two fucks about Morton.

He is, potentially, going to punt Newcastle and is a Spurs fan.

No need for Ashley out at the Sports Direct Cappielow Arena!

Mike Ashley is not going to buy Morton, be involved in Morton or give two ****s about Morton.

Never said he was.

I was merely answering toby's query about what Ashley has actually done to upset newcastle fans.

:)

Mike Ashley is not going to buy Morton, be involved in Morton or give two ****s about Morton.

We are talking about associates of Ashley though. They have worked with him at Newcastle and/or Rangers, and have very much worked towards his goals at clubs. There doesn't need to be any involvement from Ashley himself for that history to be relevant to us. 

I must be in the minority here, but I would actually take a couple of years of getting bankrolled by the Easdales and going on a glory run before slinking back off to League 1 or 2 if it meant getting us into the Premiership for a season or 2 & the ultimate dream of sneaking us into Europe somehow (although less likely now with the change to cup runners up qualifying) and going to watch Morton away in the Faroes or Kazakhstan or somewhere similar.

Iv never seen Morton in the top division, nor get into the final of a major cup & it seems a lot of our competitors have had some kind of success over the years, yet we remain flailing about aimlessly trying to tred water and pretending that sometime soon its all going to click into place.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

I don't see the Easdales needing these two guys. They would come at a cost where as they could run the club themselves in my opinion.

Hawke should be looking at updating his CV. I am sure they would want their own man as CEO.

I would have thought Hawke would be delighted as it was Easdale who put him in the position in the first place.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

The problem with all this sort of business people is they are in it for what they can get out of it

I remember S**tt

Is there another Prof P or a Rae to save us next time

The fact that GC / ton own the ground and they already own the land nearby sets alarm bells ringing

Next they will be helping Greenock Juniors get a new ground which we can then share

Man the barricades I say

Aye the next step in their cunning plan will definitely involve sticking the club in the same ground as a hopeless junioe team about seventeen levels beneath them in the game. You've sussed them out for sure.

IMG_0513.jpg.c8f44104a10ede8ae87d9906b90

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 3 weeks later...

Archived