Hopkin - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard this one last night. Intriguing

Could be wrong, but I'd guess that his name emerging at this point means that he's applied/been interviewed. It's certainly an interesting one if so, at face value it's more appealing than most of the other names mentioned.

AWMSC

My thoughts exactly.

I was saying the same about Gerrard going to the other mob up the road. Bizarre but you never know.

It’s encouraging if someone like Kennedy has an interest in the job. Word that we have been a bit of a joke hasn’t travelled as far as I first thought!

He's a club legend who will go on to manage them one day.

Good to see that you're back on the Wake bandwagon. 

Kennedy managed just 26 appearances for that odious club - for some context, that's ten times less than even an injury-prone David McGregor played for Morton. He's really not a club legend as a footballer then; he was just a mascot for 'the Celtic family's' endless sense of victimhood.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Could be wrong, but I'd guess that his name emerging at this point means that he's applied/been interviewed. It's certainly an interesting one if so, at face value it's more appealing than most of the other names mentioned.

I had heard he interviewed but there's that many names flying around I've no idea whether or not it's true.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Good to see that you're back on the Wake bandwagon. 

Kennedy managed just 26 appearances for that odious club - for some context, that's ten times less than even an injury-prone David McGregor played for Morton. He's really not a club legend as a footballer then; he was just a mascot for 'the Celtic family's' endless sense of victimhood.

I was just about to ask the same question about Kennedy being a 'legend'. He was a big prospect who had his career ended prematurely by a horrendous tackle and Celtic have done an honourable thing and looked after him thus far.

If he was to leave the club on his own accord would any Celtic fans care? I don't think so & I certainly don't think they would have him pencilled in as a cert for manager in the future.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

John Kennedy will have a job for life at Parkhead. He's a club legend who will go on to manage them one day.

Why on earth would he give that up?

Maybe he feels ready to be his own man and knows there's absolutely no chance of that being at Celtic in the short to medium term? He has been a coach for 3-4 years now so maybe he feels its time to be a number 1.  There's also absolutely no guarantee he will go on to manage Celtic.

Would be an interesting appointment, that for sure.

I reckon Rodger's probably rates him if he's allowed him to continue in whatever capacity he's in. He doesn't strike me as the type to keep folk as a first-team coach because Celtic feel sorry for the guy. 

Regardless of whether or not he's only there as Celtic feel a duty of care to him, he'll surely have picked up a thing or two from BR. Yo

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Maybe he feels ready to be his own man and knows there's absolutely no chance of that being at Celtic in the short to medium term? He has been a coach for 3-4 years now so maybe he feels its time to be a number 1.  There's also absolutely no guarantee he will go on to manage Celtic.

Would be an interesting appointment, that for sure.

I think the Morton job would be pretty appealing, to be honest. As long as you're not really terrible, you're not going to drag the club below its current position; if you're half-decent, you'll probably make the play-offs; if you're good, chances are you can make a serious tilt at the title. There shouldn't be any real danger of relegation, there's not going to be any serious expectations of the title at the first go - it's a fairly stress-free position to find yourself in compared to a lot of other jobs for a manager taking his first steps.

For all the noise that gets made, Morton have backed their managers to a fault (and beyond) over the last decade despite none of them really deserving it, so if he has any faith in his own ability a guy like Kennedy should be seeing it as a prime opportunity to make a name for himself.

AWMSC

I think the Morton job would be pretty appealing, to be honest. As long as you're not really terrible, you're not going to drag the club below its current position; if you're half-decent, you'll probably make the play-offs; if you're good, chances are you can make a serious tilt at the title. There shouldn't be any real danger of relegation, there's not going to be any serious expectations of the title at the first go - it's a fairly stress-free position to find yourself in compared to a lot of other jobs for a manager taking his first steps.

For all the noise that gets made, Morton have backed their managers to a fault (and beyond) over the last decade despite none of them really deserving it, so if he has any faith in his own ability a guy like Kennedy should be seeing it as a prime opportunity to make a name for himself.

To add to the above, I think Shellic would see it as a good grounding for them to take him back having gained experience at a "relatively" high level within the Scottish game. Not like he'd be heading to Cowdenbeath or Edinburgh City for example.

I don't think the new Manager will be Hopkin as I think he will ultimately win the Playoff and if he doesn't then he has a good squad who are ready to go again next year.

McIntyre is looking for a new job and may be identified for Dundee Utd?

Kennedy - He may be ready to be his own man but he may have an ego and feel he can coach in the premier league. (St Mirren is Ross goes?)

I really do not know who the manager could be as not a lot of names popping out.

Archived