Hopkin - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

I know loads of them! woohoo ;-) I do like to name-drop.. just to see who dives in in response :)

Actually know Hagi better, but since he was part of the management team, didn't really think it was appropriate to pass much on from that source... (as I said at the time, what I wrote about Gunning being a nightmare to have around, came from a pretty reliable source)

That's genuinely one of the most cringe-worthy posts I've ever saw on here. 

AWMSC

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it is still poor, if true, to mention this even if he has left.

Craig is currently unemployed and this doesn't look good for his handling of business or confidentiality. Maybe best keeping to yourself instead of using as a chest out, 'I know. Parton personnel' moment.

Hardly a revelation to reveal that Gunning is an absolute nightmare to work with... and it has been much discussed by those that have had the pleasure. Don't think anyone would criticise someone for confirming Gunning isn't a model pro.... that's how reputations, good and bad, are built.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Hardly a revelation to reveal that Gunning is an absolute nightmare to work with... and it will have been much discussed by those that have had the pleasure. Noticed comments from some Grimsby fans on Gunning recently... let's say he wasn't popular there.

Gunning: on a lucrative contract in the Football League

Hagi: unemployed

Reckon maybe Gunning is talking about a mouthy wee prick he used to work with at one of his former clubs? Probably not.

And in any case you didn't just say he was a nightmare to work with. You said Duffy didn't want to keep him, which Duffy later confirmed was a load of rubbish. Maybe he doesn't value the input of Hagi as much as you do?

EOho8Pw.png

Hardly a revelation to reveal that Gunning is an absolute nightmare to work with... and it has been much discussed by those that have had the pleasure. Don't think anyone would criticise someone for confirming Gunning isn't a model pro.... that's how reputations, good and bad, are built.

Regardless, you have names and shamed out former Assistant Manager as moaning to you and breaching club policy.

Shouldn't be posted in here.

Regardless, you have names and shamed out former Assistant Manager as moaning to you and breaching club policy.

Shouldn't be posted in here.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt that there actually was any great reveal. From any dealings I've had with Craig he's a pretty easy going guy who wouldn't bad mouth an employee.

Nobody would tell zhivago anything important anyway because he's a Lee Wallace. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I love the fact that Zhivago seems to think that he was at any time successfully covering for his source when putting his 'insider knowledge' on the forum a year ago; hence the big reveal now. Hate to break it to you, but when your own pattern of behaviour allows us to narrow down the identity of your source as far as 'Morton employee and Cafe Continental swilling berk', it doesn't exactly take Columbo to identify the culprit

Fun fact: Craig McPherson is going to spend the summer unemployed and now marked as a disloyal snake, while Gavin Gunning lives up the summer in the middle of an another lucrative eighteen month deal. That's a terrible, wee shame. 

Gunning-Forest-Green.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd take it with a pinch of salt that there actually was any great reveal. From any dealings I've had with Craig he's a pretty easy going guy who wouldn't bad mouth an employee.

He is a good guy... so I've heard. Don't know him personally...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I know loads of them! woohoo ;-) I do like to name-drop.. just to see who dives in in response :)

Actually know Hagi better, but since he was part of the management team, didn't really think it was appropriate to pass much on from that source... (as I said at the time, what I wrote about Gunning being a nightmare to have around, came from a pretty reliable source)

He is a good guy... so I've heard. Don't know him personally...

Master forum puppetry, or damage control? You, the reader, decide.*

Nah, it's obviously damage control.

EOho8Pw.png

I think I've figured out who Zhivago/Clydeview is now.

Is it the same dick who was raging during the boycott era because Hugh Scott put up boards and he couldn't see Hagi's last ever game for Morton from his spot in the car park?

If so, GIFRUY. :lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*

Good to know that Craig McPherson is bad-mouthing his manager's signing targets to whoever will listen. That bodes well for the future prospects of Scottish football coach Craig McPherson, born 1971.

Doesn't really reflect on McPherson at all, other than that he associates with roasters like Clydeview. Hardly an outrage that somebody might say that someone they work with is a bit of an arse.

AWMSC

I always got the impression that the Duffy/Hagi relationship was forced. Never quite seemed the closest.

Maybe I'm wrong

As far as I know they got on very well...

Doesn't really reflect on McPherson at all, other than that he associates with roasters like Clydeview. Hardly an outrage that somebody might say that someone they work with is a bit of an arse.

There's a fair chance that just about everyone that has worked with Gunning has stories to tell... and have done so. Saw some comments from Grimsby fans on Gunning recently... he clearly wasn't popular there! Just as a reminder, I really liked Gunning as a player, he was excellent for us. 

Ahem, I pretty much nailed how last season would go for Morton (by mid-August). I was the only one that tipped Livi to do really well... and I've said that I don't really rate Quitongo/Tiffoney. What else, said the whole turnstile mess had driven fans away, including myself.  Wouldn't particularly say I've said anything controversial, have mostly been very accurate...

As far as I know they got on very well...

There's a fair chance that just about everyone that has worked with Gunning has stories to tell... and have done so. Saw some comments from Grimsby fans on Gunning recently... he clearly wasn't popular there! Just as a reminder, I really liked Gunning as a player, he was excellent for us. 

Ahem, I pretty much nailed how last season would go for Morton (by mid-August). I was the only one that tipped Livi to do really well... and I've said that I don't really rate Quitongo/Tiffoney. What else, said the whole turnstile mess had driven fans away, including myself.  Wouldn't particularly say I've said anything controversial, have mostly been very accurate...

woo-hoo, look at me.

*insert signature here*

I think I've figured out who Zhivago/Clydeview is now.

Is it the same dick who was raging during the boycott era because Hugh Scott put up boards and he couldn't see Hagi's last ever game for Morton from his spot in the car park?

If so, GIFRUY. :lol: :lol:

Nah, at that point with Morton I couldn't bring myself to miss a home game, so was one of the thousand or so that kept going no matter what.  Around then I chipped in with £500 for Morton that I couldn't really afford at the time. I'm qualified to say when things are bad at Morton, and last season was pretty dire... both on and off the park.

woo-hoo, look at me.
That's why I've had him on ignore since his emotional breakdown as Zhivago. His pathetic resurrection hasn't improved him.

Hope you didn’t miss the bit about him shiting it from a steward’s girlfriend- that was a belter!

Hope you didn’t miss the bit about him s***ing it from a steward’s girlfriend- that was a belter!

You like to keep bringing up my blocking of a ned on a personal social media account. I'd block absolutely anyone of that type from my personal social media, as there are people on there that I actually respect...

There are quite a few good folk on here too... just about 8-10 that I don't rate at all. I'm sure you'll know who you are... ;-)

Toby, you are top 3... from what I've read you seem a pretty horrible guy. You might not be of course, everyone is different on-line.

Archived