The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly Lamie had one of those deals with the option of another year, don’t know the ins and outs of it though.

He's been good for us but I don't think he'll have loads of offers at a higher level. Maybe after another good season big we should be able to keep him if we want.

OTT Good but not outstanding and still prone to bombscare moments

I watch most Barca games and they have a lot of bombscare moments too.  Lamie is a very good CB.  Also a competent LB although I feel he's wasted there.  Especially as we have Iredale.  With o'Ware leaving, Lamie would be a first pick at CB every week.  Unless someone makes him a very good offer, he'd be daft to leave right now.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Heard that OWare has been touting himself to the midden but they aint interested.

Think Lamie is our best centre half anyway.

Heard the same about Jai. If any of them go to them it'll most likely be Jai, as their pretty light up front.

Still hoping that we retain the core of the squad - Gaston, Lamie, Harkins, Oliver and Quitongo along with Iredale and Tidser. Wouldn't mind Doyle staying especially if we sign a competent right sided midfielder to allow him to focus on defending. I'd also like to see Chris Millar brought in.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Still hoping that we retain the core of the squad - Gaston, Lamie, Harkins, Oliver and Quitongo along with Iredale and Tidser. Wouldn't mind Doyle staying especially if we sign a competent right sided midfielder to allow him to focus on defending. I'd also like to see Chris Millar brought in.

Tidser, Harkins and Millar would be a brutal midfield unless we signed another 3 Quitongo types.

I'd keep Murdoch.  Even more so if we're going to sign any more slowish midfielders...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived