The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to signing players in transfer windows, the one thing about Morton nowadays is we no longer show a bit of initiative in the spirit of the Past when we were ahead of the curve by importing Scandinavian players etc. Now we are signing (and worse still, failing to sign) the same jobbers doing the rounds of the same shite clubs.

We need to think outside the box. Go to Romania and Bulgaria and get the best 12 players in each of their leagues, fly them over and show them the delights of Port Glasgow and everything that they can buy in the local Lidl with their increased wealth. They will be eternally grateful to us and repay us with loads of trophies.

It's fucking simple, really.

*insert signature here*

On the subject of squad building, the state of Ed on P&B, still trying to make out that failure to gain promotion was Nick's fault. What a bitter old mess.

He really doesnt like Nick.

I very rarely read P&B, do you have a link?

*insert signature here*

When it comes to signing players in transfer windows, the one thing about Morton nowadays is we no longer show a bit of initiative in the spirit of the Past when we were ahead of the curve by importing Scandinavian players etc. Now we are signing (and worse still, failing to sign) the same jobbers doing the rounds of the same s***e clubs.

We need to think outside the box. Go to Romania and Bulgaria and get the best 12 players in each of their leagues, fly them over and show them the delights of Port Glasgow and everything that they can buy in the local Lidl with their increased wealth. They will be eternally grateful to us and repay us with loads of trophies.

It's ****ing simple, really.

You wouldn't get the very best from a corrupt mess of a league like Romania, but the principle stands. And you don't even need to offer the 'big transfer fees' that some blowhards think were the only reason why we ever get foreigners to play for The Famous. In Slovakia for example, a team sitting 5th in the top flight simply chucked the professional game and folded two years ago; last summer, the champions of the second tier didn't get a licence to play in the top flight because their finances were Rangersed and so folded. Squads with some players who could do a very good job at this level were thrown on the scrapheap and what were GMFC doing? Battling to secure the likes of Luke Donnelly and Bob 'five goals a season' McHugh instead.

Morton have normally had to do something different from the rest of Scottish football to succeed and now is no exception. Youth development cannot be the priority for the simple fact that half of Scottish football are already well ahead of GMFC - some of them already went down that road 15 years ago. The club has to put its comparably huge spending power to better use in eastern Europe and sell itself as playing in a much richer domestic league and one that is widely scouted by English league clubs. That is a huge opportunity for professional footballers in that part of the world to make something financially from their career. Alan Moore had the right idea, but due to the idiotic squad restructuring had to go down to an unreasonably low level of the game - there is no reason why a fully committed Morton shouldn't be shopping in the top flight of these countries instead of their third regional tiers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Interesting that Tam's strip I'd hanging up on the pegs here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Morton_FC/status/990197853036404737

Seems like Duffy dropped him in a huff after he found out he was leaving.

Yea something like that clearly went down. 

Not buying he was injured at all.

If that was to confirm a playoff spot, he and a few others would have been playing IMO.

Demetriou released from St Mirren - I'd take him for next year.

On football ability, I think Iredale is better, praying he stays!

Plus Demetriou runs funny, i canny be watching that every week!

Interesting that Tam's strip I'd hanging up on the pegs here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Morton_FC/status/990197853036404737

Seems like Duffy dropped him in a huff after he found out he was leaving.

What was the point in wearing the new strip on Saturday, loads of them will have names and numbers of cunts that will never play for us again, that’ll cost a few bob.

Demetriou released from St Mirren - I'd take him for next year.

He likes a chocolate bar. More likely to sign for Ross Bounty.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Possible that Tam's agent persuaded him yo release that. Get his name out and about.

Suspect Duffy didn't take too kindly to that.

I think that it was very bad form for Tam to announce that he was leaving just before the game And I understand why in these circumstances Duffy would leave him out.

It was bad form if he didn't clear it with Duffy first and hadn't already let it be known to his teammates that he was moving on. The article was also bad timing, and a clear indication that the season had finished with the St Mirren match.

If he had cleared it first and it was known he was leaving, then I don't see a massive problem with it (timing of the article aside).

Archived