The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not knocking the boy as he has been cracking for us when I have seen him but a new manager might come in and have other ideas and that is part of the budget gone...

Are we due any compensation if Russell, Quitongo and O’Ware move on? Assuming we offer/ed them a deal.

Definitely Quitongo. O’Ware is too old now and unsure what age Russell is. Think it is 23 and below that a club is due compensation.

Given that Jack Iredale is heading back to Australia tomorrow for the summer break it is probably a good thing that we have renewed his contract. Would he have come back without some kind of security?

Of course the new manager might not like him, but even at this stage some decisions are better taken. It's a judgement call and I think this one was called correctly.

Of course as with all such matters, time alone will tell.

Given that Jack Iredale is heading back to Australia tomorrow for the summer break it is probably a good thing that we have renewed his contract. Would he have come back without some kind of security?

Of course the new manager might not like him, but even at this stage some decisions are better taken. It's a judgement call and I think this one was called correctly.

Of course as with all such matters, time alone will tell.

Indeed. Hopefully a judgement call is made to relieve Thomson of his duties also.

No problem with trying to get promising young players signed up. As Dunning said it would be alarming if the new manager didn’t want to sign Iredale. I fear we’ll lose Murdoch and Lamie. Harkins could get another team at this level no bother but might hang about and see if the new manager wants him.

No problem with trying to get promising young players signed up. As Dunning said it would be alarming if the new manager didn’t want to sign Iredale. I fear we’ll lose Murdoch and Lamie. Harkins could get another team at this level no bother but might hang about and see if the new manager wants him.

If I remember correctly Harkins signed a one year contract with the option of a second year. I don't know if that means he can stay if he wants or if it is in the club's hands. After what we have seen this season we should certainly keep him.

I know that part of Duffy's modus operandi is to make the players feel comfortable in their environment, but the fact the players are stating their bemusement really begins to point to a club with absolutely no real ambition. If the players believe that finishing 7th is acceptable then we need a manager who's going to give them a boot up the arse.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I know that part of Duffy's modus operandi is to make the players feel comfortable in their environment, but the fact the players stating their bemusement really begins to point to a club with absolutely no real ambition. If the players believe that finishing 7th is acceptable then we need a manager who's going to give them a boot up the arse.

Absolutely, and reading Jim Duffy's comments in the Telegraph makes for the same conclusion regarding the club's relationship with the manager.

Hopefully the new manager will know from the outset what we are set on achieving, will get a budget sufficient to deliver and then will be judged accordingly.

....and the fans should be told too!

Absolutely, and reading Jim Duffy's comments in the Telegraph makes for the same conclusion regarding the club's relationship with the manager.

Hopefully the new manager will know from the outset what we are set on achieving, will get a budget sufficient to deliver and then will be judged accordingly.

....and the fans should be told too!

To be fair - the club can't have found it acceptable or he'd still be here. That says more to me than any statement that they might make.

Edit to add - that's just the first step though but hopefully more to come.

Archived