The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harkins won’t be with us next season. Bit of a blow.

Source? As much as he was good last season can't say I'm devastated. He's pushing 34 so we probably need more energy in our already pedestrian midfield and it should also allow Tidser to play in the centre.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Source? As much as he was good last season can't say I'm devastated. He's pushing 34 so we probably need more energy in our already pedestrian midfield and it should also allow Tidser to play in the centre.

He’s just announced on twitter. We do need more mobility in midfield but he was a joy to watch at times this season.

He’s just announced on twitter. We do need more mobility in midfield but he was a joy to watch at times this season.

I want to know who's making all these decisions though? Has he not been offered terms?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Yeah agree with this. Clearly our player of the year and  he surpassed everyone's expectations this season but with Tidser signed, both of them in the same midfield did make us look a bit pedestrian at times and with the big man getting on, I'm not too fussed he has decided to move on.

If we lose Murdoch, I will be more gutted.

All the best big man, great season!

Gary Harkins Signs

We are pleased to announce the signing of Gary Harkins on an initial one year deal. 

The 33 year old spent much of his early career in England before returning to Scotland where he gained a wealth of experience with Partick Thistle, Dundee and Kilmarnock.  The tough midfielder who is dangerous at set pieces and has goals in his game played almost every match for Morton in the Championship last season.

On completing the signing, Manager Gary Naysmith said â€œI am delighted to add Gary to our squad for next seasons campaign. After John left the club and Joe returned to Celtic at the end of his loan deal, it was no secret that we were looking to add another central midfielder to our squad for the season ahead. I feel that Gary’s attributes will compliment Kyle Jacobs strengths very well in the engine room next season and I look forward to the two of them playing together. Gary was Morton’s best player against us in every game last season and once I knew that he was available and interested in joining us, I moved quickly to snap up his services. He is an experienced player who is very comfortable on the ball and is someone who will help us control more games, especially in our home matches”.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

We could have offered him a deal but QOS offered better. It’s not the end of the world that he’s gone. I’d have definitely kept him if possible but if we’re relying on a 34 year old midfielder to carry us for another season then what chance have we got?

Archived