The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lamie and Oware going is a huge blow.

However, Murdoch leaving is equally as big s blow.

Apparently Russell is off to a new challenge also.

Zero centre halves at the club next season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if next season is spent toiling with the part timers at the bottom. The clubs an absolutely stinking mess at the moment that only the most honking of players are likely to join.

Sad state of affairs. Sunderland-esque, directionless, p*sh.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Lamie, Murdoch and Oliver are three big players IMO and it's going to be a Herculean effort from the (new?) manager to replace them.

EOho8Pw.png

Whoever comes in to replace them has massive boots to fill. We will miss the pair of them. 

Could see Murdoch getting a lower-end Premiership side no bother and he'll certainly be a miss as well. 

Do not care at all if Russell goes. Fuck knows what has happened to him over the past couple of years as there is a great player in there he just doesn't seem to be able to find that good form again. Maybe he'll kick on at another club and do well for himself. We can't afford another season with him playing most weeks. 

To be honest not to bothered about lamie or Russell going in my opinion they will be another Archie Campbell/Scott taggert they will end up at a Alloa / Airdrie/ Dumbarton

No way Lamie will move backwards. No way we'll replace him either.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Oware, Lamie and Murdoch would be three names on the starting 11 that would require no thought.

Very difficult to replace them.

I think next season will be a whole new squad of players.

I was okay with O'Ware going on the basis of still having Lamie and Kilday, but losing both O'Ware and Lamie is an absolute disaster. It's melodramatic but the scale of the rebuilding job we have this summer is already reminding me of 2013.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Is Lamie definitely offski?  That tweet is a wee bit ambiguous.  Has he actually said he's not staying.

What is important is to try to get our better players re-signed asap.  That should not necessarily wait for the appointment of a new manager. Murdoch and Harkins in particular, but also Iredale who looks a great prospect.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I was okay with O'Ware going on the basis of still having Lamie and Kilday, but losing both O'Ware and Lamie is an absolute disaster. It's melodramatic but the scale of the rebuilding job we have this summer is already reminding me of 2013.

Whilst it would be good to keep a decent nucleus, i don't think it will be a bad thing to allow the new manager to come in and build his own squad.

This team by and large has been together for a few years now so perhaps a bit of freshness/ shake up is needed.

No doubt at least 5/6 will still be with us.

Ideally we keep Gaston, Iredale, Tids, Oliver, Murdoch, Quitongo, Harkins and wouldn't mind  Tiff/ Strapp staying with us too for potential.( Obviously McHugh and Thomson still contracted as well but not sure if they will hang about or not)

We need the right person so hopefully the board do their due diligence but we also need to act quite quickly as all our competitors will be talking to players, includes ours!

There's a bit of an 'end of an era' feel. Yes, we have good players and you would always look to keep your better ones, but it does feel that this team have came to the end of their time. A clean slate for a new manager, if appointed promptly, is not a negative (despite what some tried to get us to believe when they bigged up the 'monumental' challenge Duffy had building a squad for his first season).

There are definitely players worth trying to keep. But if the recruitment is strong, none of them are really irreplaceable.

Players are obviously under contract until at least whenever the play-offs finish. So, unless they have already been released by the club. or have signed pre-contracts, there is still the possibility that they might take a "wait and see" position re the next managerial appointment.

Archived