The Famous V An Abject Dundee Rabble - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous V An Abject Dundee Rabble

vikingTON

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deserved in the sense that both teams defended absolutely appallingly at a set-piece and so deserved to concede. Dundee United weren't exactly overunning us so it wasn't a robbery, apart from its glorious timing.

He needs to finally put this 4-3-3 system in the sea; we didn't manage a single shot on target today. Best starting eleven - better than last season's - in last season's formation will lead to the playoffs: it's not fucking rocket science.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Would like to point out that Mark Russell had his best game in months/years today. Been a big critic of him but don’t think he put a foot wrong today.

Not really saying much though is it. Got to be let go in the summer.

Shout out to Thomson as well who put in one of the worst performances I've seen from a Morton player. Hopefully he's just short of match fitness.

Shout out to Thomson as well who put in one of the worst performances I've seen from a Morton player. Hopefully he's just short of match fitness.

Why on earth did he get flung back in today, surely he can’t be back to full fitness.

That effort when through on goal was woeful.

The front 3 which started today were awful. Poor movement as a unit, and individually weak as well.

Duffy took a risk with that today and it didn't work - he has to take responsibility for that.

I could understand it if the front three had ever been effective this season or at very least dismantled Brechin last week - it hasn't though. It has been useless without fail since July and our players seem no more familiar with its requirements than last summer.

Duffy is fortunate that a set-piece bailed him out of a largely self-inflicted failure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's how he played when fit.

I see no reason to let Russell go given he's been defensively solid and Iredale doesn't have much experience himself. They're not exactly going to be big earners so we should try to keep both. Russell has been defensively solid since October.

It wasn't too long ago that we had Ross Forsyth, Willie Dyer or Kevin McKinlay playing in that position so I'd be careful about binning clearly better players now with at least ten years of their career at this level.

Lack of a 2nd option at right back is becoming an issue.

His 1st touch is actually getting worse.

i think you are being generous calling it a touch! I really like the guy but his inability to make simple passes, control a ball and questionable crossing does have me scratching my head that there is no-one better out there to fill the position.

As for today we all know the script by now - a plucky excellent performance by a team just grateful to be in the league against a European giant...

No he didn’t, he was dreadful.

I actually agree with him. I thought he had his best game in months and was our main attacking outlet. United ended up doubling and sometimes trebling up on him. Doyle was very poor again but he was completely isolated on the right hand side and hung out to dry.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Thought Russell has his best game in a while today as well to be fair. That performance was all Duffy's doing. Everyone knows out best 11. We all know what formation we should play. We all know what players should go where in that formation.

That was truly dreadful today. Endless long balls to 3 midget attackers, an anonymous midfield who couldnt get in to the game at all and a defence that simply refused to close down any space.

He's going to cost us the playoff spot if he doesnt stop making fundamental errors (that the whole stadium can identify) before a ball is even kicked.

I want a pretentious signature too.

That was dreadful. We deserved nothing from that game so the point is welcome, but we are now pretty much relying on snookers from elsewhere. Our home form won’t get us three wins and our away games are to the two teams above us, one of whom we haven’t beaten in 4 attempts.

The changes should have been made at half time but instead we had a whole half of hoofball. Moshni absolutely strolled that game today.

Our goal looked like it glanced the top of a defender and in off the bar. I was hoping it had been Moshni.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived