Morton V Falkirk 30/9/17 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton V Falkirk 30/9/17

AyrshireTon

Duffy made poor subs and his decision not to take on a winger or anyone with a bit of pace cost us.

Having 4 centre mids across the middle of the park doesn't work especially with a full back like Doyle who's supposed to overlap, taking too much time to get the ball moving or running it out the park.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad!

Get the useless slaphead out now and appoint Wake (unbeaten league winner) after their final game tomorrow.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dreadful stuff there. Playing so narrow with no one looking for the ball. Forbes, Doyle, & Russell need taking out of that just now and dropped. Bring back Strapp and just play him. Oliver a shadow of the player we've enjoyed watching aswell.

Gaston has done well in recent weeks but if Doohan is as good as we hear he is, then this will maybe be the time we see him in for Gaston.

I thought Lamie strolled the game today. Had a draw written all over it right from the start, but knew if there was a goal it had to be McKee. Head down, no celebration from him. Without Jai and Tidser starting we really struggle.

Everything about the club is amateur. From queuing for a ticket on match day to stand in another queue to get in a turnstile system that doesn't work, to having no programs left at five to three with about 300 people still locked outside, to the attitude and performance of the players to the absolute ineptness of the manager. It reeks amateur and what is worse is that the club seems to be happy with it. We will no doubt achieve our usual mid table mediocrity whilst watching players and managers stealing a wage. As for the commercial manager, don't get me started. Morton will always have us as fans, and despite now standing through 180 minutes if goalless football at Dumbarton and today, no doubt if I was living here I'd have my season ticket. But let's not pretend that this level of amateur fayre is going to attract new supporters or neutrals. It's simply not good enough. 18 quid for that is simply not good value for money.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Meant to add. Attendance of 1992 with Falkirk probably having 200-300. So the new turnstile system couldn't handle about the 1300 or so in the cowshed. Fuck knows what would happen if we had a big game. There would be chaos.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Trust in Wake and no false, useless slapheads. Managerial ability can clearly be measured in flowing locks of hair.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think today showed how much recruitment cost us in the summer. Have no one that can come on and turn the game with some pace to stretch a defence. I had high hopes for this season but we’ve seen today’s kind of performance a few times already so I think we’ll be lucky to have a season like last year.

I think today showed how much recruitment cost us in the summer. Have no one that can come on and turn the game with some pace to stretch a defence. I had high hopes for this season but we’ve seen today’s kind of performance a few times already so I think we’ll be lucky to have a season like last year.

Agreed. We are crying out for some pace in the squad.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

That was diabolical, even by our standards. Holy shit, that is genuinely one of the worst 90 minutes of football I’ve sat through in years. No pace, no width, no intensity, no clue. Duffy said in hospitality the attackers not doing their job properly cost us that, but, I’m not convinced they knew what they were supposed to be doing, and the subs certainly never either.

Harkins had some good touches and Lamie was pretty solid, that was it. Everyone else looked like they couldn’t be arsed and don’t get me started on Gaston for that free kick. I die a little inside every time our full backs hoof the ball up the park to NOBODY, EVERY WEEK. If you need to, pass around the back until something opens up, do not shit yourself and gift it back to them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Core of this team has been together for a number of years now and are still capable of playing like they’ve never met. Thank christ we don’t have a game next week.

TL;dr - Shite.

Archived