Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

If Sky take the Edinburgh Derby first there's a chance we'll miss it with the BBC picking County v Aberdeen rather than Celtic v ICT, leaving Celtic as Sky's second pick, but if Sky & BBC take the Edinburgh Derby and Celtic games as the first two between them it'll definitely be us. If we are picked we'll hopefully be the later kick-off on the Sunday rather than one of the 12:30/13:00 kick-offs, but I can see us being hit with Saturday lunchtime.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sky take the Edinburgh Derby first there's a chance we'll miss it with the BBC picking County v Aberdeen rather than Celtic v ICT, leaving Celtic as Sky's second pick, but if Sky & BBC take the Edinburgh Derby and Celtic games as the first two between them it'll definitely be us. If we are picked we'll hopefully be the later kick-off on the Sunday rather than one of the 12:30/13:00 kick-offs, but I can see us being hit with Saturday lunchtime.

There's not a chance that the BBC, with the second pick of match will pick Ross County v Aberdeen.

There's not a chance that the BBC, with the second pick of match will pick Ross County v Aberdeen.

Exactly.  There is very little chance that both broadcasters won't want to choose our game.  Frankly this season any game involving Morton is worth watching.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The BBC can't have our game. They don't speak to the tributes remember.

This is true, but of the four ties that are realistically in contention, Ross County v Aberdeen will attract the least viewers. If Sky take Hearts v Hibs first, there's no way the BBC won't take the Celtic game. They're not going to allow Sky to get the big viewing figures for their two games whilst two men and a dog tune into their game.

This is true, but of the four ties that are realistically in contention, Ross County v Aberdeen will attract the least viewers. If Sky take Hearts v Hibs first, there's no way the BBC won't take the Celtic game. They're not going to allow Sky to get the big viewing figures for their two games whilst two men and a dog tune into their game.

Agree. And vice versa. It's a stick on that the first 2 picks will be the Edinburgh derby and the Celtic game with the BBC taking the one sky didn't.

That leaves our game and the Ross County game to fight it out for the 2nd Sky pick.

I actually emailed the club to say that if Morton voted to allow Newrangers straight into the second tier, I wouldn't be back.  I got a reply to say that a very large number of people had expressed the same opinion.  I think without the fans making their views known, Mr Rae would indeed have voted for preferential treatment.

The problem with the election of Newrangers to the league was that it would have been better (and funnier) to have voted in Brora Rangers.

Pretty much what I emailed and told them, with the addition that I'd still watch Morton away to anyone who didn't vote them back in.

Sadly, voting someone else in would have meant a backlash on them from orcs claiming they'd killed their new club.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

It should be today. We know there's an Edinburgh Derby now so hopefully Sky get that and Celtic with BBC maybe taking the Ross County Aberdeen game. 

Why would you not want us to get a TV game?

It gives us an extra 80k that can only be a good thing. Yes the kick off might not be 3pm on Sat but don't really see that as a big deal.

It gives us an extra 80k that can only be a good thing. Yes the kick off might not be 3pm on Sat but don't really see that as a big deal.

I do. I'm the paying spectator. I couldn't give a toss about Sky.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It is a big deal. The game at CP last year was a noon kick off and was terrible for atmosphere, the semi final was slightly better, probably due to the fact I was still wrecked from the night before.

If it's not on TV the crowd will probably be substantially bigger as well.

I do. I'm the paying spectator. I couldn't give a toss about Sky.

I dont give a toss about Sky either, but i care about the club getting an extra few bob.

It is a big deal. The game at CP last year was a noon kick off and was terrible for atmosphere, the semi final was slightly better, probably due to the fact I was still wrecked from the night before.

If it's not on TV the crowd will probably be substantially bigger as well.

Not a big deal to me. I fail to see how a 3 hour difference can make such a big difference to the atmosphere. Do you think we wouldn't sing as much at 12 compared to 3? It might be ever so slightly better if a few boys have been on it all day but will i enjoy the game less cause its a few hours earlier, not for me.

I don't generally have a bevy at games as I always have the car so maybe that's why i don't give a toss.

Bound to be a bigger crowd if not on TV i agree, but you would need the best part of 10000 more fans there for us to make the same money which i can't see happening.

Saturday lunchtime on Sky; get the swording in early. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived