Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - anything that gets right on their fat titties.

At the same time, it panders to their paranoia. It might might make them seethe, but it also make them feel like their right. I have no interest in that. In the same way I have no interest in pandering to the Easdales and anyone else who are more interested in their 'big club' than Morton.

I'd stick with The Ton are having a Party.  With skunks, because ending with scum might make Therangers fans think we were referring to them.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

At the same time, it panders to their paranoia. It might might make them seethe, but it also make them feel like their right. I have no interest in that. In the same way I have no interest in pandering to the Easdales and anyone else who are more interested in their 'big club' than Morton.

Don't really see what they'd be wrong about.

As far as I can see, they see Easdale as being involved in their club to make a quick buck, they see the link between him and Morton and they know we f*cking hate them. None of these are anything to do with the Rangers fans being paranoid, they're known facts.

Don't really see what they'd be wrong about.

As far as I can see, they see Easdale as being involved in their club to make a quick buck, they see the link between him and Morton and they know we f*cking hate them. None of these are anything to do with the Rangers fans being paranoid, they're known facts.

So, he's a Morton fan who f*cking hates them? 

Read my post.

My point was about their paranoia, linking things that shouldn't be linked, and jumping to the wrong conclusions. When Sandy and James Easdale became involved at Rangers they described themselves as lifelong Rangers fans who were proud and honoured to be involved with the club. There are a large number of Rangers fans who believe that is a lie. They believe that they are Morton fans whose intentions were completely sinister from the start. I don't believe that to be the case. I think it's probable that they love Rangers as much as they love their money, and that was the issue all along. 

My point was about their paranoia, linking things that shouldn't be linked, and jumping to the wrong conclusions. When Sandy and James Easdale became involved at Rangers they described themselves as lifelong Rangers fans who were proud and honoured to be involved with the club. There are a large number of Rangers fans who believe that is a lie. They believe that they are Morton fans whose intentions were completely sinister from the start. I don't believe that to be the case. I think it's probable that they love Rangers as much as they love their money, and that was the issue all along. 

I share your views on the Easdales 100% and I don't trust them, but there are more important factors at play here, most notably getting it right up the fucking tribute act.

EOho8Pw.png

Whether they believe the Easdales are Morton fans or not isn't a big issue though (and yes, I know the original post was about "one of our own"). The Rangers fans know about their link to our club and hate them anyway. nothing we say or do will change that.

And the Rangers fans' paranoia is their most endearing feature, not that it's actually endearing. There are positives about going to all sorts of grounds in Scotland- the bridies at Dunfermline, the Novar Bar at Kirkcaldy, Dumfries and Ayr in general. The best thing about Ibrox though is the absolute venom from the locals when you upset them. If feeding their paranoia gets the desired reaction, then all the better.

Looking forward to seeing how many tickets we get for this

Reckon we could take 3,000 easily

Think we took about same or more to Castle Greyskull in the mid 90's, when we had the Argentina strip

He-man lives at Castle Greyskull. Skeletor lives in Snake Mountain, far more fitting for the filth.

HHkTu1F.jpg

Snake Mountain was wherever James Grady and Allan McManus held training sessions while 'managing' The Famous. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I may be wrong but im sure I read we had 3800 odd. Certainly didn't look much more than that on tv.

I think that was the count purchased from Smiths with a day or two to go. There was a late rush to around 5k.

I still found that disappointing. In comparison I remember going to Cappielow for the quarter final against Killie years back and the place being rammed.

Stef's goal was great, and I'm glad I witnessed it, but the atmosphere in the stadium last time at Ibrox was rancid in my opinion. Certainly the most toxic I've ever encountered at a football game. The rabid hatred was genuinely perplexing.

I swore I'd never go back, however, if it's not on the telly I'll have little choice but to hold my nose and get on with it.

At least don't shove us back in that corner though, as I'm carrying a little holiday weight, and therefore an easier target for missiles.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Stef's goal was great, and I'm glad I witnessed it, but the atmosphere in the stadium last time at Ibrox was rancid in my opinion. Certainly the most toxic I've ever encountered at a football game. The rabid hatred was genuinely perplexing.

I swore I'd never go back, however, if it's not on the telly I'll have little choice but to hold my nose and get on with it.

At least don't shove us back in that corner though, as I'm carrying a little holiday weight, and therefore an easier target for missiles.

Pretty much my feelings too. Really hate Ibrox and only redeemed in my memory by Stef's goal. But I can't imagine missing the Swording so got to take it on the chin.

Archived