Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

Stef's goal was great, and I'm glad I witnessed it, but the atmosphere in the stadium last time at Ibrox was rancid in my opinion. Certainly the most toxic I've ever encountered at a football game. The rabid hatred was genuinely perplexing.

I swore I'd never go back, however, if it's not on the telly I'll have little choice but to hold my nose and get on with it.

At least don't shove us back in that corner though, as I'm carrying a little holiday weight, and therefore an easier target for missiles.

Thought it was brilliant.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of treatmemnt received by ton fans they were completely different in fairness.

Actually I take that back, I just remembered that **** with the drum at Celtic park the last time. That was torture.

That sort of treatment can be seen as a job done by the Famous.

Forget the cuddly toys nonsense.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Stef's goal was great, and I'm glad I witnessed it, but the atmosphere in the stadium last time at Ibrox was rancid in my opinion. Certainly the most toxic I've ever encountered at a football game. The rabid hatred was genuinely perplexing.

I swore I'd never go back, however, if it's not on the telly I'll have little choice but to hold my nose and get on with it.

At least don't shove us back in that corner though, as I'm carrying a little holiday weight, and therefore an easier target for missiles.

You forget the atmosphere at Morton v Airdrie in the league cup tie immediately following the infamous Chic Kavanagh game? I can think of several more tbh.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You forget the atmosphere at Morton v Airdrie in the league cup tie immediately following the infamous Chic Kavanagh game? I can think of several more tbh.

I'm hoping Airdrie come up in the playoffs. I used to really enjoy the edge those games had, especially when their Section B knuckle draggers were at their worst.

The 2-2 game at Ibrox was a real eye opener for me I must admit - the level of rage from the Rangers fans when they scored their equaliser was mental. I don't understand how they got so worked up seeing as they were cruising the league at that point.

I'm hoping Airdrie come up in the playoffs. I used to really enjoy the edge those games had, especially when their Section B knuckle draggers were at their worst.

The 2-2 game at Ibrox was a real eye opener for me I must admit - the level of rage from the Rangers fans when they scored their equaliser was mental. I don't understand how they got so worked up seeing as they were cruising the league at that point.

All credit to Morton for provoking such a reaction

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I actually missed Rangers' equaliser as I was shouting abuse at one fan in the Govan stand who was foaming at the mouth and actually trying to jump over the segregation barrier.

They were only 3 points above Hibs at the time.

The game we lost 3-0 at Dumbarton in the Cowboy season was insane. I honestly thought it was going to end in violence.

EOho8Pw.png

Rangers fans genuinely hate us because quite rightly our chairman said they should go down. Personally I don't even think they should have been let into the Scottish league again but what can you do? If we hadn't saved our club we would never have got back in. I can't stick rangers and hope we hound them and send their knuckle dragging fans back under their rock

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

I hate our chairman for even letting them in in the first place.

We had a chance to rid ourselves of them (and possibly their sisters through death by apathy) and blew it. Only Stranraer wanted to bin them and the rest of us shat it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Rae only opposed letting them into the second tier because the fans hounded him into doing so. Let's not forget that he was initially among the gornless Gilmours of the game, earning only partial credit understood that it wasn't going to work out well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I actually emailed the club to say that if Morton voted to allow Newrangers straight into the second tier, I wouldn't be back.  I got a reply to say that a very large number of people had expressed the same opinion.  I think without the fans making their views known, Mr Rae would indeed have voted for preferential treatment.

The problem with the election of Newrangers to the league was that it would have been better (and funnier) to have voted in Brora Rangers.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I actually emailed the club to say that if Morton voted to allow Newrangers straight into the second tier, I wouldn't be back.  I got a reply to say that a very large number of people had expressed the same opinion.  I think without the fans making their views known, Mr Rae would indeed have voted for preferential treatment.

The problem with the election of Newrangers to the league was that it would have been better (and funnier) to have voted in Brora Rangers.

That was indeed the case - the first time you could argue DDFR listened to the fans. Personally, I invited him to vote for the old Rangers to do one and vote in a team of sound financial standing.

It should be today. We know there's an Edinburgh Derby now so hopefully Sky get that and Celtic with BBC maybe taking the Ross County Aberdeen game. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived