Thread About Ex Player - Page 423 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Paul 'Gowser' McGowan was sent off on his league debut for Cove for an offensive gesture towards Hamilton fans. Must have mistaken them for a police officer. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Prob wrong topic

anyone help 

my son is in Scotland on holiday from Australia where he plays semi pro and gets paid to play,he is interesting a few English and Australian scouts and teams watching him and wondering who I contact at Morton to invite him along for a chat or even train or say hello as he is a mad keen fan and already has a ticket for the Morton rangers game. He is 22 years old centre mid and described as technically excellent,standard is same as Div 1 in Scotland ,help him make a dream come true and never knows what happens,Australian football is an up beat market. Sorry to bore you guys just looking for hep as who to contact

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mark wells said:

Prob wrong topic

anyone help 

my son is in Scotland on holiday from Australia where he plays semi pro and gets paid to play,he is interesting a few English and Australian scouts and teams watching him and wondering who I contact at Morton to invite him along for a chat or even train or say hello as he is a mad keen fan and already has a ticket for the Morton rangers game. He is 22 years old centre mid and described as technically excellent,standard is same as Div 1 in Scotland ,help him make a dream come true and never knows what happens,Australian football is an up beat market. Sorry to bore you guys just looking for hep as who to contact

Brandon Diau doorstepped the club (just showed up at the stadium and asked to speak to the coach) and ended up getting a trial with us, so (unless someone else has a better idea) there wouldn't be any harm in doing the same - head down to Cappielow or give the club a call.

Good luck to him and I'm delighted he's a fan but there's no way the state leagues (I'm assuming that's where he is) in Australia are anywhere near Championship standard. Jamie Wilson, who couldn't handle League One in Scotland, plays weekly at that level.

With that said Jack Iredale came through from the A-League youth teams, who play at that level, and he was a very tidy player, so it's not like there are no good players there, there clearly are. But it's nowhere near the Championship, not by a mile.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, Mark wells said:

Prob wrong topic

anyone help 

Can he play right back?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Duffy leaves his post of Director of Football at Clyde “by mutual consent”.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

22 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Aidan McAdams joins Edinburgh City as Sam Ramsbottom's replacement.

Surprised that he's had to drop down a league. Thought he was a decent enough keeper at this level.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Ayr confirm that Andy Murdoch has done his ACL again after that challenge on Quitongo.

Before that challenge I'd have had a lot of sympathy for Murdoch. Not now.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Oisin McEntee scores for Walsall in their (currently, with 20 minutes to go) 3-1 reversal at home to Brighton U21 in the EFL Trophy.

He's ever-present for The 'Salls (ed: check nickname) this season as they sit with four points from four games.

EOho8Pw.png