Thread About Ex Player - Page 422 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

11 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Henk van Schaik (remember him?) had joined Swedish third tier side IF Karlstad after leaving Germans Eintracht Trier at the end of last season.

Vaguely remembered the name.  According to Wiki we paid Livi a "nominal fee" for him in July 2019, played one game then binned him a month later.  Pretty much sums up Hopkins' and the owners tenure at that time 🙄

Edited by bob_the_builder

here today, gone to hell

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Have absolutely no recollection of him.

45 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Vaguely remembered the name.  According to Wiki we paid Livi a "nominal fee" for him in July 2019, played one game then binned him a month later.  Pretty much sums up Hopkins' and the owners tenure at that time 🙄

He was a part of the same back three down at Somerset Park on the opening day of the season in 2019 alongside Robbie Muirhead. He had an absolute mare, picked up an injury and was never seen again.

43 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

He was a part of the same back three down at Somerset Park on the opening day of the season in 2019 alongside Robbie Muirhead. He had an absolute mare, picked up an injury and was never seen again.

Came on as a sub in the cup at home to QOS the week before.

Gave a massive roar to the Cowshed after doing a tackle right in front of the shed.

And that was the extent of his Morton career.

Some roar BTW.

We started that day at Ayr with a back three of Van Schaik, Grant and McLean, with Muirhead and Tumilty as wing backs. Grant went off injured after about 25 minutes and then we had various and increasingly hilarious changes of shape including Muirhead on the left of a back three, Muirhead at left back, McAlister at left back, Van Schaik at left back with McAlister at centre back. We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble just by sacking Hopkin on the spot that day.

When someone tells you you can't write a player off after one game, you only need to mention Van Schaik to prove them wrong.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Came on as a sub in the cup at home to QOS the week before.

Gave a massive roar to the Cowshed after doing a tackle right in front of the shed.

And that was the extent of his Morton career.

Some roar BTW.

Now I remember him. He was utterly appalling. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 7/31/2023 at 2:59 AM, bob_the_builder said:

In fairness we binned him because he got a terrible injury and wasn't going to recover anytime soon, so we let him go back to Holland to recuperate. 

That said, he looked very poor. 

EOho8Pw.png

16 hours ago, TRVMP said:

In fairness we binned him because he got a terrible injury and wasn't going to recover anytime soon, so we let him go back to Holland to recuperate. 

That said, he looked very poor. 

Henk van Shite was punted for his hopeless displays on the park and no amount of bullshit cover from Hopkin changes that reality. How many other players that we paid real, actual money for were released due to injury weeks later*?

*As opposed to those who should have been released: see Diack, Iain for starters.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Spanish third tier. They're one of the bigger clubs in it. They used to be the biggest until the rise of Villarreal. They had some huge problems in the mid 2000s - fan boycotts, attendances in the hundreds etc. But they're traditionally a big club, aiming for promotion. That's a great move for him because it's a very visible club in a major footballing country. Good luck to him. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

Not been skipping neck day I see.

He's an absolute unit these days. Topless pics on his Instagram if you're into that sort of thing.

Conor Brennan has retired at 29, going into coaching full-time.