vikingTON

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

There's that strip again.

Either they are attempting some sort of mysterious teaser campaign or they are trolling the fuck out of us.

1 minute ago, RealTonKid said:

Are we replacing the yellow away kit or is that a third kit that’s being teased?

Nobody has a scooby.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Nobody has a scooby.

It’s a bit weird this random new kit just appearing out of nowhere, but I have to keep reminding myself it’s Morton. 😂

3 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Judge Judy Watch GIF - JudgeJudy Watch Time - Discover & Share GIFs

We were promised an interview today Morton. Tick tock. 

Interviews with Oliver, Hopkin and MacKinnon tomorrow.

If we were to assume the same system we're now looking at a line up like this:

New

New - McGinty - New - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville - McAlister

McGuffie - Orsi - Nesbitt

Cover from:

GK - Wylie

DF - McLean, Hynes

MF - Lyon, Blues, Millar, Omar, McGrattan

FW - Oliver, Salkeld, Muirhead, Rodgers, Easdale

I would love two centre backs in so we could drop McGinty but I doubt it. Unsure whether Omar will primarily be played deeper or on the wing.

It's essential that the remaining signings are successes. With the weaknesses and deadwood already present in the squad along with the reduced number of games, we can't afford to be starting the season the same way as the last one with a Ramsbottom figure in goal haemorrhaging points and rotation between a centre back and central midfielder at right back which weakens us in those areas as well.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Gerry McDade’s patter is absolutely chronic.

At least he's composed and consistent in his interviews and actually comes across as someone capable of interviewing. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

New

New - McGinty - New - Strapp

Jacobs - Colville - McAlister

McGuffie - Orsi - Nesbitt

Cover from:

GK - Wylie

DF - McLean, Hynes

MF - Lyon, Blues, Millar, Omar, McGrattan

FW - Oliver, Salkeld, Muirhead, Rodgers, Easdale

I would love two centre backs in so we could drop McGinty but I doubt it. Unsure whether Omar will primarily be played deeper or on the wing.

It's essential that the remaining signings are successes. With the weaknesses and deadwood already present in the squad along with the reduced number of games, we can't afford to be starting the season the same way as the last one with a Ramsbottom figure in goal haemorrhaging points and rotation between a centre back and central midfielder at right back which weakens us in those areas as well.

Gunning and a RB essential. Can't see us signing another 2 CB's when we already have McLean and McGinty, but i'd be content if we got Gunning in with either of the other two alongside. 

Not sure about going with Orsi up top as the main striker, although maybe a second season at FT football may improve him. 

That said, i cant see anobvious 15-20 + goalscorer in the market so in all likelihood it'll be a complete shot in the dark and hope we get lucky. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

4 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

McLean and McGinty, but i'd be content if we got Gunning in with either of the other two alongside

Not the quickest centre back options... 😬

Neither was O'Ware when partnering Gunning. Lamie a little more so. 

His footballing brain more than makes up for pace. 

Announce it. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Bewildering that Gary Oliver doesn't know how many games are in a normal league season and how many there will be this coming season.

I'd guess that there are loads of guys that have played for Morton who have never so much as glanced at a Championship League table in their life. 

Edited by SpoonTon

Assuming he hasn’t regressed too much from his first spell here a player like Gunning could be the difference between staying up or getting dragged right into the relegation mix. MCT funding should be going there.  

8 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

I don't think that assuming the same line-up provides the best reflection of our current squad and your effort also doesn't show the extent to which certain positions are covered. I prefer this way of picturing our squad, with the alternative cover provided for each position within reason:

GK New/Wylie

RB New/Jacobs CB McLean/New CB McGinty/McAlister LB Strapp/nae cunt

CM Jacobs/McAlister/Blues CM Colville/Millar/Lyon

RAM McGuffie/Nesbitt/Salkeld CAM Oliver/Nesbitt/Omar LAM Nesbitt/Omar/Colville

CF Orsi/Muirhead/Salkeld

Obviously you could argue for Oliver playing on the right or as a centre forward etc. but that's plenty for now. The main positive that I can see is that there is a lot of versatility in the current squad, especially in the attacking areas where covering injuries/suspensions should not be an issue at all. We're also stacked in the centre of midfield where I don't have too many concerns about being able to compete at this level. The defence on the other hand still needs first choice options as well as extra cover so finding a player or two who could do both would be ideal. That central defence would struggle to keep weans out of a close and as previously set out there is no track record of goals from our forward options either. 

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

"If we can get another 2, 3 quality players, we'll have a really good squad."

😬

Having set the squad out as above I'd kind of agree with this now actually - if by 'very good' Hopkin means 'solid midtable'. The concern though is that the squad will need two or three genuine quality players to make that happen and not completely flounder at the bottom of the league instead. If we add another set of Billy King/Kris Doolan types who have a decent to good CV but can't hack it anymore then we'd be in serious trouble. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There's being polite and there's ripping the pish - I hope it was the latter.

As VT has outlined, we have loads of mediocre options in the middle and wide up top while the defence and goalscoring options are laughable - on a positive though imagine if Ramsbottom had stayed as our first choice keeper! If survival is the height of our ambition this season we are still seriously short of quality. I also suspect the football on offer will be brutal - maybe just as well spectators cannot attend.