Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Has Jacobs filled in at left back before? Have the fear of being one Strapp injury away from seeing Muirhead slotted in there again.

We some decent attacking players for the level in Nesbitt, Lyon, Colville and McGuffie. Orsi will hopefully come on fron last season too. I'll be interested to see how Salkeld gets on - definitely has potential but needs to step up on last season's efforts.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver - 31/193

Nesbitt - 16/115

Omar - 16/142

Muirhead 16/176

Orsi - 6/95

Salkeld - 3/52

88 goals in total from 773 appearances.

Going by the above we'll have more than enough time to explore every single one of their previous goals between now and the season starting: in fact, we could probably finish the lot by the end of the week. There is not even remotely enough goals from our current attacking options and I'd be much more concerned by that fact right now than looking at a couple of worldie strikes on Youtube against pub teams. A huge step-up in performance is required if we are not going to add another forward with even the hint of prolific goalscoring at a credible level on their CV. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Muirhead, a real number 9's number 9, is just waiting for his Vardy-esque breakthrough year. Believe!

Fun fact: Robbie Muirhead last scored a league goal 877 days ago, netting twice as MK Dons beat Rotherham in League One, then got relegated anyway. This "brace" comprised two thirds of all his league goals in 37 appearances that season.

Aiden Nesbitt managed 4 for the same team in 25 appearances, so... there's that.

EOho8Pw.png

14 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Muirhead, a real number 9's number 9, is just waiting for his Vardy-esque breakthrough year. Believe!

Fun fact: Robbie Muirhead last scored a league goal 877 days ago, netting twice as MK Dons beat Rotherham in League One, then got relegated anyway. This "brace" comprised two thirds of all his league goals in 37 appearances that season.

Aiden Nesbitt managed 4 for the same team in 25 appearances, so... there's that.

I had no idea they played together at MK Dons until now.

1 minute ago, Renfrew said:

No way we’re putting a photo up with a kit that won’t go used, we’re tinpot but that’s too tinpot for us... hopefully this is the surprise that was mentioned

Bold shout.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

6 minutes ago, Deego said:

I had no idea they played together at MK Dons until now.

It was a veritable Highland Games at the DonsDome* that season, with Peter Pawlett and Conor McGrandles also regularly featuring, and not scoring goals. Osman Sow as well, and he's Scotch-adjacent.

*probably

EOho8Pw.png

I am a Morton fan living in Elgin , have a season ticket for borough Briggs. Omar is a good player, who might just need a better team to bring the best out of him. I was surprised to see him sign, but will keep my fingers crossed for the season. He is good at running at opposition and turning them inside out, has scored a few crackers. Time will tell. 

47 minutes ago, Andy C said:

I am a Morton fan living in Elgin , have a season ticket for borough Briggs. Omar is a good player, who might just need a better team to bring the best out of him. I was surprised to see him sign, but will keep my fingers crossed for the season. He is good at running at opposition and turning them inside out, has scored a few crackers. Time will tell. 

Best position? 

1 hour ago, FenTon said:

Has Jacobs filled in at left back before? Have the fear of being one Strapp injury away from seeing Muirhead slotted in there again.

We some decent attacking players for the level in Nesbitt, Lyon, Colville and McGuffie. Orsi will hopefully come on fron last season too. I'll be interested to see how Salkeld gets on - definitely has potential but needs to step up on last season's efforts.

Jack Iredale is a free agent. Bring Him Home*

*after Sir Gavin

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Going on a couple of Elgin fan’s comments and other League 2 losers Omar appears a bit of a hothead, and they’re surprised to see him make as much of a jump up. 

Should be a laugh.

Hopkin has a pretty good record taking players from lower leagues so I'm happy to give him a chance. People said the same about orsi last year and he turned in to a useful signing in the end. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

12 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Cheers ......released him?......just found out 5 mins ago Raith have signed him (just back from hols so been out the loop).

Signed for Raith the other day. No brained for him, 2 year deal which we wouldn't and shouldn't have matched.

Today's update said we released him, but he has been talking to Raith for a month.

Think as a minimum we should be looking at signing:

First choice GK 

First choice RB (bonus if he can cover at CB, but not essential)

First choice CB (Left-sided who is competent at LB and can act as cover for Strapp)

First choice ST (A number 9 type. All our current strikers seem to be number 10's/supporting forwards/pressing forwards)

Archived