Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

31 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Would be happy with McPake. Appears to be able to play out wide and centrally, versatility will be key this season I believe. 

Christopher Dodds making some suggestion on Twitter about us signing David Mitchell, ex Falkirk keeper. Can't tell if I'm blocked or it's a private account replying to him but in response he has said "not for me to say, but yes.." 

He was replying to a post from Greenock Morton fans page which claimed we are 'scouting him'.

So file under 'ignore'.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EdinTon said:

So annoyed at this. The difference between proactive clubs during this time and ones that sit by doing nothing. 

Bang on. A good, solid, proven full back at this level being allowed to just fuck off to one of our immediate rivals when he’s on our doorstep and would likely have signed a new deal if we hadn’t fannied about is criminal.

And worst of all, I doubt he’ll be the last.

Can't wait to see what shite we scour in the English Conference or similar. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Probably got sick of waiting for an update like the rest of us.

Don't blame him for taking a 2 year deal when on offer.

Don't blame him either,, but i blame Morton for being so fucking incompetent as usual 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

At the start of this interview he mentions it being 'nice to get a call' from Raith while still being on furlough from us.

I don't think it's remotely a big leap to interpret that as a dig at Morton for failing to keep in contact with him.

The club have absolutely fucked up not having Hopkin off furlough sooner to prevent losing players like this. I said recently that I wasn't at all concerned about new signings not being in yet as we're still at least a fortnight from being back in training, but renewing contracts is a different matter and their gross negligence has bitten them on their arse.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Good to see Morton focusing on important updates today.

A celebration of Sir Douglas is far more significant than some jobber right-back leaving the club, yes. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Morton need this to a be a positive season considering the switch the fan ownership is imminent and backing will be required from the supporters and its been a typical morton start to proceedings.

Seeing a team in the league announcing the signing of one of our players from last season while we say happy birthday to an ex player is quite frankly not the way we should be going about our business.

Also if Ayr are interested in McPake then given the way both teams are currently being run there is only 1 place he will be going in my opinion and its not here.

I was the same at first and not to bothered about things while dunfermline where announcing signings a few weeks ago but the furlough period is over, we don't know who is still here and who has left.  Even the part time teams such as dumbarton in the leagues below us have done that.

We need to get it together and quickly.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

4 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Seeing a team in the league announcing the signing of one of our players from last season while we say happy birthday to an ex player is quite frankly not the way we should be going about our business.

Because Twitter of course has a strict one post a day limit that we should have used to greater benefit. Even in the boundless field of Morton fans ripping their frilly knickers over absolutely nothing of substance, this non-sequitur 'point' is something else entirely. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

Because Twitter of course has a strict one post a day limit that we should have used to greater benefit. Even in the boundless field of Morton fans ripping their frilly knickers over absolutely nothing of substance, this non-sequitur 'point' is something else entirely. 

This. People go off their tits if we don’t ‘engage’ with people on Twitter. Blame the club for the lack of communication over contracts, not the Twitter guy just doing his job.

This whole pretence that clubs getting business done early doesn't really make a difference is pish. Every season when we have our inevitable 3 points from a possible 12, we are told the squad is still gelling. Get the team sorted sooner then, make sure they have time to gel before the season actually kicks off. 

I expected a nightmare season ahead due to expected cuts but this is really demoralising from a fan point of view. I wouldn't be buying a season ticket anyway but what's the point in paying £20 every 2nd week for, what is more than likely a dreadful steaming service, to watch dross. Its bad enough actually going to the games, but when you have the choice to do something else on a Saturday it really puts it into perspective why our attendances are pish. 

19 minutes ago, bigB said:

Really can't wait for the MCT take over surely to feck it can't be any worse than it is now.

I'm starting to wonder if agreeing terms so far in advance of the actual sale was a good idea. What motivation does Crawford have to keep Morton in the Championship? He's got his buyer either way and GC retains control of Cappielow.

Not saying we're going down - we have plenty of time to build a squad - but it'll be interesting to see what the playing budget looks like, given there's even less incentive than normal to make it competitive. 

EOho8Pw.png

20 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'm starting to wonder if agreeing terms so far in advance of the actual sale was a good idea. What motivation does Crawford have to keep Morton in the Championship? He's got his buyer either way and GC retains control of Cappielow.

Not saying we're going down - we have plenty of time to build a squad - but it'll be interesting to see what the playing budget looks like, given there's even less incentive than normal to make it competitive. 

That's my biggest concern. There's potentially a two year transition and MCT said quite clearly that they'll be taking over a debt free club and any debt from this season or next wouldn't their responsibility. 

It wasn't really acknowledged that this also means that the current owners main aim will be to cut things back as far as possible to make sure they aren't losing any more money. My worry is it could potentially leave MCT starting from a division or two below with the initial direct debit subscription agreements having run out and limited funds to do anything about it. 

It would be good to get some more clarity about what's in store in the transition period. 

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

I don't think that Crawford wants to leave the club the club in the seaside leagues as it would reflect badly on his father's legacy. Would he pay money out of his own pocket to stop that from happening? Of course not. But then again that would not happen anyway if there had been no deal with MCT in place: the days of GC throwing money at the club - even with an eye to a future sale - were already gone. 

The club would have been operating on a break-even budget before and is still expected to operate on a break-even budget now. It's possible that we need to keep a much closer eye on the cashflow with an eye to handing things over but I don't see how else we are objectively worse off this season for having a takeover deal in place. 

Archived