Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if he's left us already but Kieran Brophy has signed for Neilston.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I've never seen him but it says "Forward."

edit: never mind, it says "Wide forward" on his Motherwell profile:

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/player/ross-maciver/

It's a weird one, getting released by a Championship team, then signing for a top-flight club and making appearances there. Hopefully he turns out good.

We love our wide forwards, don't we folks?

EOho8Pw.png

Ah Motherwell. The team that delivered us such footballing luminaries as Jonathan Page, Ross MacLean and Adam Livingstone.

And McIvor, from the same Ross County development squad where Dylan Dykes made more of a breakthrough.

High expectations for this one.

At least we aren't raiding Brechin's bins. For now.

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Ah Motherwell. The team that delivered us such footballing luminaries as Jonathan Page, Ross MacLean and Adam Livingstone.

And McIvor, from the same Ross County development squad where Dylan Dykes made more of a breakthrough.

High expectations for this one.

At least we aren't raiding Brechin's bins. For now.

Don't forget Adam Coakley.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

If he can play as a centre forward then fine, we could still do with another option there and don't really have a number 9 type, albeit it's obviously not as big a priority as the defence.

My immediate reaction was to flashback to signing Billy King while we already had about 10 options on the wing with no right back and below par centre backs. This time there's plenty of time to actually strengthen the defence as well as adding to the attack, so provided he can play as a striker this is fine.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

If he can play as a centre forward then fine, we could still do with another option there and don't really have a number 9 type, albeit it's obviously not as big a priority as the defence.

My immediate reaction was to flashback to signing Billy King while we already had about 10 options on the wing with no right back and below par centre backs. This time there's plenty of time to actually strengthen the defence as well as adding to the attack, so provided he can play as a striker this is fine.

A reply from a Motherwell fan on the journalist's post on twitter:

Nothing suggests a clinical, Robert Lewandowski of the Scottish lower leagues quite like the standard 'well he can bunged on the wing as well*' description as if they're in any way equivalent roles in a team. Now perhaps this guy is an upgrade on the other 27 jack of all trades attacking players but not really goalscorers already in the squad - we do need to replace Cadden after all - but our priorities really should lie elsewhere. 

* see McDonagh, Jamie: signed as a 'versatile centre forward or winger' who ended up playing at right back because he was no good in any advanced position. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Daily Record are reporting that we're interested in former Rangers and Celtic goalkeeper Aidan McAdams. 13 league appearances with Edinburgh City in League Two last season while on loan. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aidan-mcadams/profil/spieler/293785

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

McAdams also went to Portadown in January, but it doesn't look like he played while he was there.

I've never heard of him before, but looking at what little was said about him by Edinburgh fans on P&B it seems he was decent but wasn't great at kicking. I can live with a goalkeeper who slices some clearances if he's competent at other aspects of goalkeeping after Ramsbottom.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived